Archived Topic

I Don't Remember The Last Time I Was This Excited

by Cougarbib · 12/3/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
For a BYU football game. I know - I got excited for every game this season, except ISU. But not this excited. And OK - it was a long time ago, but I got pretty excited for the Miami game and the Texas A&M game in Provo way back when. And the first time ND popped their golden domes into our stadium. I had fun when BYU deliverd football games to Southern California like a Pigskin Classic vs Florida State, UCLA, and even SDSU. I never got to attend a Holiday Bowl I was always in Utah for Christmas vacation with extended family. I was pretty pumped when Detmer got to play Vs Colorado in the Freedom Bowl. I made road trips to Phoenix for one of Lavell Edwards last games there and took my father to the last BYU game he was able to see in person. He was literally crawling up the last few stairs on the way to our nosebleed seats. I introduced him to Lavell Edwards at the pre-game breakfast. Got him an autograph. I drove the extended family up to a game at Fresno State. Those were all exciting even though we lost a couple of them.



When I first interviewed for my job here in Hawaii, the interview was originaly scheduled for the day beofre BYU and Doman were coming here at 12-0. I would have stayed over and gone. But the interview got rescheduled.



A decade later - BYU is finally delivering Cougar football to my new home town. Coaches are talking about re-establishing a rivalry.



I can only imagine how starved BYU fans around the country will feel as our Cougars come to places they have never been or have not been for a very long time.



I am stoked for this game.



I do have to go to work Monday, though - Go Cougars - make that easy on me.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.