Archived Topic

Chase Hansen (QB, Utah) apparently postponing mission

by Dcr36 · 12/1/2011

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
I mention this only so we can officially SHUT UP on the Heaps-to-Utah crap. If Heaps transfers there now, he'll be competing against another prized golden-boy recruit with more eligibility.
U
Ungoy
Doesn't surprise me... There were actually rumors floating around that KWhitt was pressuring Hansen to postpone his mission so that Utah wasn't so sucky at QB next year. If it's true that Kyle did that, just proves once again how much of a sackless :utard: he really is.
L
Lawboy
Utah has Chase Hansen and Wilson coming in. Wilson was in the Elite 11 camp with Mangum, and is not LDS. He was considered he 12-13 best at the camp overall. So I think Utah wants to see how those 2 guys stack up against each other before Hansen leaves on a mission. And if Wynn is done due to his shoulder not coming back, chances are good that they might need one of them next year. Utah is really thin at QB.
B
bluedscewedtattooed
Wilson's stock has taken a pretty serious nose dive after a lackluster senior campaign. He probably won't amount to anything. Arm strength and release are big issues for this kid and they are not improving. My gut feeling on Hansen is that he will serve a mission if he is called to a mission that has a tropical or sub-tropical climate. He comes across as a guy who isn't fond of proselyting in cold weather, if you know what I mean.

I think KWhitt is planning to use next year as a rebuilding year, sacrificing any success for future success in 2013 and 2014. By that time, he figures Jake will be eligible to play at the Ewe. And I think he has all his hopes pinned on Jake.
S
snoscythe
I bet the idea that Chow might not be around more than a few years might have contributed to the decision.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
Wilson's stock has taken a pretty serious nose dive after a lackluster senior campaign. He probably won't amount to anything. Arm strength and release are big issues for this kid and they are not improving. My gut feeling on Hansen is that he will serve a mission if he is called to a mission that has a tropical or sub-tropical climate. He comes across as a guy who isn't fond of proselyting in cold weather, if you know what I mean.

I think KWhitt is planning to use next year as a rebuilding year, sacrificing any success for future success in 2013 and 2014. By that time, he figures Jake will be eligible to play at the Ewe. And I think he has all his hopes pinned on Jake.


:gross: TIC??
G
Gunk
Could be for bishop reasons. Hope he serves. We have a lot of high profile athletes of late postponing or skipping missions, which unfortunately sends the wrong message.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bluedscewedtattooed
Yes, I have been noticing that trend too.
D
Dcr36
Gunk wrote:
Could be for bishop reasons. Hope he serves. We have a lot of high profile athletes of late postponing or skipping missions, which unfortunately sends the wrong message.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It bothers me too, at both Utah and BYU. I don't like to call out any one individual, as the reasons for going or not going tend to be complicated and personal. But as a general trend, I don't like it.
S
SpiffCoug
Is Chase Hansen going to be the Utes Jake Heaps - even if Heaps doesn't transfer to Utah?



He's going to graduate early so he can enroll early and participate in spring ball. He's going to compete for the starting job. He's going to postpone/not go on a mission. He's highly recruited and many think he is highly talented.



Some similar parrallels.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
Is Chase Hansen going to be the Utes Jake Heaps - even if Heaps doesn't transfer to Utah?



He's going to graduate early so he can enroll early and participate in spring ball. He's going to compete for the starting job. He's going to postpone/not go on a mission. He's highly recruited and many think he is highly talented.



Some similar parrallels.


Does he have a bleached blonde girlfriend?
S
stuckinbig10country
I may be in the minority here, but I don't care if people go on missions or not. What bothers me is when people make the choice contingent on some other event or opportunity. Just make a decision and stick with it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
cougman
Ungoy wrote:
Doesn't surprise me... There were actually rumors floating around that KWhitt was pressuring Hansen to postpone his mission so that Utah wasn't so sucky at QB next year. If it's true that Kyle did that, just proves once again how much of a sackless :utard: he really is.


As much as Kwitt annoys me, unconfirmed rumors are stupid. I know a couple people in his ward and the way the talk about him from a religious standpoint would suggest he would under no circumstances do that.
B
BYULV
cougman wrote:
Doesn't surprise me... There were actually rumors floating around that KWhitt was pressuring Hansen to postpone his mission so that Utah wasn't so sucky at QB next year. If it's true that Kyle did that, just proves once again how much of a sackless :utard: he really is.


As much as Kwitt annoys me, unconfirmed rumors are stupid. I know a couple people in his ward and the way the talk about him from a religious standpoint would suggest he would under no circumstances do that.


I think the article quoted Chase as saying he came out of a meeting with his dad, coach Witt and Coach Chow and they all decided it would be best if he postponed his mission. That's his choice, but when my son is making the decision to go on a mission or not, I hope it's between him and the Lord with a little input from me and the bishop. I think they're in the wrong meeting of people to be making spiritual decisions. What answer did they think they wold come up with?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.