Archived Topic

Mike Leach to Wash st.

by frdbtr · 11/30/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Some tweets are saying that Mike Leach is going to go to Washington state. if that is true that is a huge coup for them in the Pac 12.
J
jonnylingo
If this deal actually goes through wsu got a great deal. had he not been fired and had his espn spat he would be in very high demand and wsu wouldn't be able to land him.
Y
Y4LYFE
He should offer Craig James a coaching job just to spite him. That is something he would do.
B
bluedscewedtattooed
I'm so happy for Mike. He has been through a lot.
S
scott715
I might have to become a Cougar fan, oh wait.



PS I live in Eastern Oregon
Advertisement
B
bluedscewedtattooed
Not a bad Idea to become a WSU, maybe just on BYU's down years.
S
scott715
Once a cougar always a cougr!
G
Gunk
WSU has a soft spot in my heart. My parents met there and my grandfather is a retired WSU professor.
B
bluedscewedtattooed
There are also the Houston Cougars, as I recall. Between the three teams, at least one of them should have a decent year every year.
D
Dcr36
Great news. I'm happy for both parties.



Leach single-handedly makes me feel a little better about our schedule for the next two years. I don't know how long it'll take Leach to turn things around there. They actually seem to have the talent at the right places to start running a Texas Tech style offense pretty soon. But having Leach play his first game as a Maroon Cougar at LES is a sweet storyline, assuming they are the opener.
Advertisement
B
bluedscewedtattooed
Well now with Mike Leach running the show up their at WSU, we'll probably get our butts kicked in next year, when they stroll into town. But it certainly makes for a nice heart-warming story, just right for the holidays. I'll have to see if I can somehow work into our family Christmas program.
D
Dcr36
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
Well now with Mike Leach running the show up their at WSU, we'll probably get our butts kicked in next year, when they stroll into town.


Meh, we'll see. Leach is a brilliant offensive guru, but I think it's going to take a season or two before WSU becomes the sort of team BYU should be afraid of.



I'm much more worried about our 2013 game @ their place.
S
Schmoe
I bet Texas Tech is happy they listened to Craig James and his spoiled brat of a kid. That 5-7 record with the 41-7 loss to Iowa St., 52-20 to Texas, and 66-6 to OK St. are way better than having one of the best offenses in the country and being ranked in the top-25.



Good on Leach for getting another gig. With the sad and sorry state of the PAC, Wash St. should be contenders in no time.
S
scott715
I was hoping Leach would come to BYU but not as an opposing coach.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.