Archived Topic

Heaps to Utah?

by superchargedcougar · 11/30/2011

Advertisement
G
Gunk
Here we go again...



You know it's a bad football year in Utah when at the end of November the press is still talking about what it was talking about a month ago.
L
Lawboy
Locke can go to hell. HE and 1302Kfnz have talked more about this than anyone else out there. And the fact he does sideline for Ute games tells me he can suck it.
S
SpiffCoug
Pretty much. There is NOTHING to connect Heaps to 1) transfering and 2) transfer to Utah.
Y
Y12
Heaps to Cal is what the author throws out there.



I still tink transfering is the worst path for all parties.
Advertisement
B
bluedscewedtattooed
My guess is that this is something that is being seriously considered by Heaps. He's probably a big fan of the color red and is interested in being developed by Norm Chow. I don't think he'll transfer though. He'll probably take the path of least resistance and stay here at the Y, probably just because he does not want to go through all the paperwork that is involved in transferring.
Y
Y4LYFE
I would rather him cower against us, then cower for us.
B
bluedscewedtattooed
Yes, but it looks like we are stuck with the guy for the next two years at least, unless Bronco can come up with a reason to pull his scholarship.
A
ABYUFAN
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
Yes, but it looks like we are stuck with the guy for the next two years at least, unless Bronco can come up with a reason to pull his scholarship.

yeah he should totally do that! Do you have any eligibility left, I'm sure you are an upgrade from that good-for-nothing Heaps.... :roll:
B
bluedscewedtattooed
ABYUFAN wrote:
Yes, but it looks like we are stuck with the guy for the next two years at least, unless Bronco can come up with a reason to pull his scholarship.

yeah he should totally do that! Do you have any eligibility left, I'm sure you are an upgrade from that good-for-nothing Heaps.... :roll:


Yeah I do throw a pretty nice spiral come to think of it. And I wouldn't give sappy interviews. But I would probably fail the writing portion of the SAT and would end up being academically ineligible. But you could give it a try. I would surely root for you. Or you and I could run a dual quarterback system, like they did at Florida back in the day. I could throw the pretty spirals and you could come in just to confuse the defense with some nifty dance moves or something.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
Yes, but it looks like we are stuck with the guy for the next two years at least, unless Bronco can come up with a reason to pull his scholarship.

yeah he should totally do that! Do you have any eligibility left, I'm sure you are an upgrade from that good-for-nothing Heaps.... :roll:


Yeah I do throw a pretty nice spiral come to think of it. And I wouldn't give sappy interviews. But I would probably fail the writing portion of the SAT and would end up being academically ineligible. But you could give it a try. I would surely root for you.

Sorry, to get back into football shape would require cutting chili cheese dogs out of the diet, and I’m not willing to make THAT sacrifice, besides, as fun as playing football is, it’s more fun being that old fat guy writing sarcastic things on message boards! :lol:
D
Ddawg
Lawboy wrote:
Locke can go to hell. HE and 1302Kfnz have talked more about this than anyone else out there. And the fact he does sideline for Ute games tells me he can suck it.


+1! I'll go a little further - He can suck a dozen rotten eggs & choke on his own Yewt puke.



There is nothing to it. Pot stirring speculation.
C
Cougarbib
The author predicted CAL - not Utah. Heaps would be a fool to transfer to Utah - see my TIC thread on that topic. I am not familiar enough to know who he would be competing against at CAL in 2013 - but nobody is going to hand it to him and provide an impeccable OL, RBs, FB, TE, and Receivers to make sure he has all the tools he needs to suceed.
U
Ungoy
Whatever Heaps decides to do, I just wish that some fans could stop crucifying him. For people saying we hope he doesn't transfer, we sure aren't treating him like we want him to stay. Stuff like saying you hope Bronco pulls his scholarship, and about him cowering against us, not for us, saying that he'll stay only because he's too lazy to do anything else. When the hell did BYU fans become a bunch of trolls? Is it so hard for us to support our own? Heaps got pulled two months ago today, and a lot of the venom spewed his way hasn't stopped. Heaps would not have even played any meaningful downs the last two games if Riley hadn't gotten hurt. When he did play these last few games, he played well enough for BYU to win comfortably. Now Heaps will be riding the pine for the next 2 games, and the season will be over, and some of you can't wait too run him out of town it seems.



BYU and Heaps would be best served by him staying and having a full redshirt year next year where he can run the scout offense, and learn more about the game at the college level. I just wish people, both in the media and here, would just leave the guy alone, and stop fueling this garbage.
D
Dcr36
Ddawg wrote:
Locke can go to hell. HE and 1302Kfnz have talked more about this than anyone else out there. And the fact he does sideline for Ute games tells me he can suck it.


+1! I'll go a little further - He can suck a dozen rotten eggs & choke on his own Yewt puke.



There is nothing to it. Pot stirring speculation.


It's incredible how little Utah sports pundits do to elevate the discussion. Just a bunch of shock analysis intended to generate outrage/interest.



It's kind of funny - Utah had their inagural Pac-12 season, and I still feel like most of the "big picture, all of Utah" sportswriters and DJs spent more time talking about BYU's realignment possibilities and QB problems than they did anything Ute-related. Normally I'd find that funny, but considering the topics it's actually bugged the crap out of me.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Ungoy wrote:
Whatever Heaps decides to do, I just wish that some fans could stop crucifying him. For people saying we hope he doesn't transfer, we sure aren't treating him like we want him to stay. Stuff like saying you hope Bronco pulls his scholarship, and about him cowering against us, not for us, saying that he'll stay only because he's too lazy to do anything else. When the hell did BYU fans become a bunch of trolls? Is it so hard for us to support our own? Heaps got pulled two months ago today, and a lot of the venom spewed his way hasn't stopped. Heaps would not have even played any meaningful downs the last two games if Riley hadn't gotten hurt. When he did play these last few games, he played well enough for BYU to win comfortably. Now Heaps will be riding the pine for the next 2 games, and the season will be over, and some of you can't wait too run him out of town it seems.



BYU and Heaps would be best served by him staying and having a full redshirt year next year where he can run the scout offense, and learn more about the game at the college level. I just wish people, both in the media and here, would just leave the guy alone, and stop fueling this garbage.


BYU fans are like rabid dogs turning on their owners. I predicted this would happen last year when I kept preaching on this board that I hoped BYU would redshirt him. I took a lot of heat for my opinions on Heaps and as it turns out BYU fans are acting exactly as I knew they would once Heaps started struggling. I will only turn on Heaps if he transfers since at that point he becomes the enemy. As long as he is a BYU player and is working to play well, I will hope he stays and succeeds.
D
Dcr36
frdbtr wrote:
Whatever Heaps decides to do, I just wish that some fans could stop crucifying him. For people saying we hope he doesn't transfer, we sure aren't treating him like we want him to stay. Stuff like saying you hope Bronco pulls his scholarship, and about him cowering against us, not for us, saying that he'll stay only because he's too lazy to do anything else. When the hell did BYU fans become a bunch of trolls? Is it so hard for us to support our own? Heaps got pulled two months ago today, and a lot of the venom spewed his way hasn't stopped. Heaps would not have even played any meaningful downs the last two games if Riley hadn't gotten hurt. When he did play these last few games, he played well enough for BYU to win comfortably. Now Heaps will be riding the pine for the next 2 games, and the season will be over, and some of you can't wait too run him out of town it seems.



BYU and Heaps would be best served by him staying and having a full redshirt year next year where he can run the scout offense, and learn more about the game at the college level. I just wish people, both in the media and here, would just leave the guy alone, and stop fueling this garbage.


BYU fans are like rabid dogs turning on their owners. I predicted this would happen last year when I kept preaching on this board that I hoped BYU would redshirt him. I took a lot of heat for my opinions on Heaps and as it turns out BYU fans are acting exactly as I knew they would once Heaps started struggling. I will only turn on Heaps if he transfers since at that point he becomes the enemy. As long as he is a BYU player and is working to play well, I will hope he stays and succeeds.


Agree with everything Ungoy says. I still have hopes that everything clicks for Heaps, but even if it doesn't, no reason to hate the guy. It's just football. I'm sure everyone here has stepped into something only to find they were in over their head. It happens.



It'd be interesting to see how Heaps would be treated if he was having a good-but-frustrating career thus far, i.e. he was an effective quarterback but had some sort of fatal flaw (like INTs for Max). I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of BYU fans would still hate him.
B
BroncoBot
Ungoy wrote:
Whatever Heaps decides to do, I just wish that some fans could stop crucifying him. For people saying we hope he doesn't transfer, we sure aren't treating him like we want him to stay.

I think Heaps did this to himself when he left open the option of transferring when last asked about it.


Ungoy wrote:
Stuff like saying you hope Bronco pulls his scholarship, and about him cowering against us, not for us, saying that he'll stay only because he's too lazy to do anything else. When the hell did BYU fans become a bunch of trolls? Is it so hard for us to support our own? Heaps got pulled two months ago today, and a lot of the venom spewed his way hasn't stopped. Now Heaps will be riding the pine for the next 2 games, and the season will be over, and some of you can't wait too run him out of town it seems.


If you insert Nelson here for Heaps, it is sounding a lot like what was spewed Nelson's way in 2010 and early 2011 (when Heaps should have been locking down his starting job). And while it doesn't make slandering the guy right, I think it's fair game to point out observations. I'd love to see Heaps stay and dominate in 2013/14.


Ungoy wrote:
BYU and Heaps would be best served by him staying and having a full redshirt year next year where he can run the scout offense, and learn more about the game at the college level. I just wish people, both in the media and here, would just leave the guy alone, and stop fueling this garbage.

Totally agree.
J
jonnylingo
bluedscewedtattooed wrote:
Yes, but it looks like we are stuck with the guy for the next two years at least, unless Bronco can come up with a reason to pull his scholarship.


:roll:
S
Stirfry
Ungoy wrote:
Whatever Heaps decides to do, I just wish that some fans could stop crucifying him. For people saying we hope he doesn't transfer, we sure aren't treating him like we want him to stay. Stuff like saying you hope Bronco pulls his scholarship, and about him cowering against us, not for us, saying that he'll stay only because he's too lazy to do anything else. When the hell did BYU fans become a bunch of trolls? Is it so hard for us to support our own? Heaps got pulled two months ago today, and a lot of the venom spewed his way hasn't stopped. Heaps would not have even played any meaningful downs the last two games if Riley hadn't gotten hurt. When he did play these last few games, he played well enough for BYU to win comfortably. Now Heaps will be riding the pine for the next 2 games, and the season will be over, and some of you can't wait too run him out of town it seems.



BYU and Heaps would be best served by him staying and having a full redshirt year next year where he can run the scout offense, and learn more about the game at the college level. I just wish people, both in the media and here, would just leave the guy alone, and stop fueling this garbage.




x1,000! I'm actually growing very tired of CC because it seems so anti heaps. The BYU fans I know personally are no where near as down on Heaps as CC seems to be. Riley has been very entertaining to watch but I'm not convinced he's beat anyone that Jake wouldn't have beat other than Washington in Jakes 1st ever college game and Utah State this year. I've seen the PER lovers multiple times point out that Riley's PER numbers are understated because it doesn't count his rushing yards. It also doesn't count missing games for being injured does it? Sometimes watching Riley is like watching a crazed race car driver that refuses to use the brakes. The guy will lead for a few laps and be a ton of fun to watch but he will never finish the race (I can't believe I just used a nascar analogy :sick: ). Riley's play against Oregon State where he totally unnecessarily took on the linebackers was awesome but totally selfish. His team needs him to be healthy more than they need him to prove how tough he is.



Heaps did not play well early in the season and I think Riley should be the starter. However I'm surprised at what seems to be the opinion of most that Riley is so far above what Heaps can do. They both beat bad teams and when Riley faced a good team in TCU, he did exactly what people bag on Heaps for. He moved the ball between the 20's and couldn't finish drives. Riley saved our season this year with Utah State but his resume is not that different from what Jake's is. Support the kid and be glad we have options.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.