Archived Topic

Any CC'ers coming down for the bowl game?

by byutx · 11/30/2011

Advertisement
B
byutx
I bought tickets a couple months ago and, despite the overall sense of depression about the team and troubles with Indy status, I'm still looking forward to it. It might be too early, but I figured we could start a "stuff to do/placed to eat in the DFW" thread.
G
Guest
I was about 5 minutes away from buying my tickets but talked myself out of it. I just can't afford the air fare this year with the economy the way it is. I know others who are going though.
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
I was about 5 minutes away from buying my tickets but talked myself out of it. I just can't afford the air fare this year with the economy the way it is. I know others who are going though.

Wife said no this week as well. Party at Hawk's house!
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I was about 5 minutes away from buying my tickets but talked myself out of it. I just can't afford the air fare this year with the economy the way it is. I know others who are going though.

Wife said no this week as well. Party at Hawk's house!

You guys bring the snacks!
I
IowaCougar
I'll be there with my wife and son. Fortunately, it's only about a 10-hour drive from Des Moines. My first time at a bowl game, and I'm up for it!



It's kind of neat that it's the Armed Forces Bowl, as my son who will be coming with me is entering basic training (army) in January.
Advertisement
B
bluedscewedtattooed
I'll be flying up from Cancun.
Y
Y4LYFE
hawkwing wrote:
I was about 5 minutes away from buying my tickets but talked myself out of it. I just can't afford the air fare this year with the economy the way it is. I know others who are going though.




I will offer my Lubbock home up for traveler's. For free.
B
byutx
If enough CC'ers come down, we could have a mini get together. Maybe at Chuy's or one of the Pappa's restuarants?
S
snoscythe
byutx wrote:
If enough CC'ers come down, we could have a mini get together. Maybe at Chuy's or one of the Pappa's restuarants?


Come on. You can do SOOOO much better than Chuy's. You might as well take them to OTB where there's at least some diversity to the menu. Not a big Chuy's fan. I think people in Texas are just brainwashed into thinking it's good because it comes out of Austin, and Texans have that love affair with Austin and the hill country.
B
byutx
snoscythe wrote:
If enough CC'ers come down, we could have a mini get together. Maybe at Chuy's or one of the Pappa's restuarants?


Come on. You can do SOOOO much better than Chuy's. You might as well take them to OTB where there's at least some diversity to the menu. Not a big Chuy's fan. I think people in Texas are just brainwashed into thinking it's good because it comes out of Austin, and Texans have that love affair with Austin and the hill country.


Now that's just crazy talk. If you know what to order you can dine well at Chuy's, but I do agree to an extent. I love their boom boom sauce and their jalapeno ranch. Decent enchiladas and fajitas.



To be honest, I've been unimpressed by DFW Mexican. IT's so much better in the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio. However, I tried Cantina Laredo the other day and it blew me away. Then again, any time you use all fresh ingredients and do things the right way (make your own salsa, etc.) you're going to have good (and expensive) food.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Its comments like this that make me wish I'd been able to go.
Y
Y4LYFE
I wish the bowl was in San Antonio. Easy choice as to where I'd be dining.
B
bluedscewedtattooed
How about we all meet and conduct a twenty-four hour fast before the game? This would increase the team's chance of winning and reduce injuries. I would be willing to conduct the meeting, as I will be in town and am attending the game.
S
snoscythe
byutx wrote:
byutx wrote:
If enough CC'ers come down, we could have a mini get together. Maybe at Chuy's or one of the Pappa's restuarants?


Come on. You can do SOOOO much better than Chuy's. You might as well take them to OTB where there's at least some diversity to the menu. Not a big Chuy's fan. I think people in Texas are just brainwashed into thinking it's good because it comes out of Austin, and Texans have that love affair with Austin and the hill country.


Now that's just crazy talk. If you know what to order you can dine well at Chuy's, but I do agree to an extent. I love their boom boom sauce and their jalapeno ranch. Decent enchiladas and fajitas.



To be honest, I've been unimpressed by DFW Mexican. IT's so much better in the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio. However, I tried Cantina Laredo the other day and it blew me away. Then again, any time you use all fresh ingredients and do things the right way (make your own salsa, etc.) you're going to have good (and expensive) food.


Agreed. DFW is in no-mans land as far as good eating. It a'ight, but you get MUCH better Tex-Mex, Mexican, and even BBQ the farther south (and smaller town) you go.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.