Archived Topic

Riley cleared to play.

by Cougarbib · 11/30/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.
W
Wickchad
I wonder how the injury will affect his play. He is most effective when he runs hard and doesn't avoid contact or run out of bounds. Will we see him start to avoid contact and be less apt to run?
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
frdbtr wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


I just meant that if I were Riley I would take more time to make sure I am healed, that is a scary injury to deal with.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
trueblue72 wrote:
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


I just meant that if I were Riley I would take more time to make sure I am healed, that is a scary injury to deal with.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Guys like Riley have a screw loose somewhere. He didn't even want to come out of the Idaho game when he couldn't breath.
G
Gunk
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I wonder how the injury will affect his play. He is most effective when he runs hard and doesn't avoid contact or run out of bounds. Will we see him start to avoid contact and be less apt to run?


It's full throttle or nothing with Riley, so doubt we see him ease up and avoid contact. I am more concerned with a loss of mobility due to his new padding. What he gains in protection he loses in mobility.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
I wonder how the injury will affect his play. He is most effective when he runs hard and doesn't avoid contact or run out of bounds. Will we see him start to avoid contact and be less apt to run?


It's full throttle or nothing with Riley, so doubt we see him ease up and avoid contact. I am more concerned with a loss of mobility due to his new padding. What he gains in protection he loses in mobility.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


True. I have wondered that about Jake. He looks like that marshmallow guy on the TV commercials with that padding around his rib cage. I have wondered if that is what is making him throw high. I think it will affect Riley's throwing and mobility - hopefully just a little bit.
B
birdie702
I'm not a doctor nor a coach but IMHO this is a bad move. Maybe this is to throw UH off and game plan for Riley, then at game day it's Heaps...?



There's a Dr. amongst us... I'm looking at you...what are your thoughts? :D
Advertisement
K
Kbear
My understanding was that there was no fracture, that it was a cartilage problem and the pneumothorax was small. There is no increased risk of another pneumothorax if there is no fracture. The pneumothorax was probably due to the hit and bruising of the sternum. Just speculating but I don't think they would release him unless he had no INCREASED risk... just sayin.... :whistle:
G
Guest
I hope he's okay, and isn't rushed back too soon. But if he can play, he could be necessary.
J
jonnylingo
frdbtr wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


If he is fully healed why the protective jacket? i hope Riley doesn't come back too soon. If is is truly healed than come back. if he is not then sit it out and wait for the bowl game.
F
frdbtr
jonnylingo wrote:
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


If he is fully healed why the protective jacket?


I didn't say he was fully healed. I said that they wouldn't clear him to play if there was a high risk of reinjury or that play would make his injury worse. Maybe the protective gear is one of the requirements that his Dr's have before they will clear him to play.
J
jonnylingo
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


If he is fully healed why the protective jacket?


I didn't say he was fully healed. I said that they wouldn't clear him to play if there was a high risk of reinjury or that play would make his injury worse. Maybe the protective gear is one of the requirements that his Dr's have before they will clear him to play.


Maybe. I just would hate to see him get reinjured or injured again in that game.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm surprised that he's going to play. After a partially collapsed lung I would take more time off. I thought Romo was a moron for playing with it and if riley plays and re-injures himself there is going to be a lot if finger pointing and blaming going on.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The Dr's wouldn't clear him to play if they thought he could make it worse to do so. They are going to put him in a protective jacket to help too. Now if he reinjures it....I am sure a bunch of people are going to start calling Bronco an idiot for allowing it to happen.


If he is fully healed why the protective jacket?


I didn't say he was fully healed. I said that they wouldn't clear him to play if there was a high risk of reinjury or that play would make his injury worse. Maybe the protective gear is one of the requirements that his Dr's have before they will clear him to play.


Maybe. I just would hate to see him get reinjured or injured again in that game.


Very true. Having said that, even if he was fully healed it only took one good hit to give him the injury in the first place so I guess there is always that risk of injury.
G
Gunk
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:
I wonder how the injury will affect his play. He is most effective when he runs hard and doesn't avoid contact or run out of bounds. Will we see him start to avoid contact and be less apt to run?


It's full throttle or nothing with Riley, so doubt we see him ease up and avoid contact. I am more concerned with a loss of mobility due to his new padding. What he gains in protection he loses in mobility.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


True. I have wondered that about Jake. He looks like that marshmallow guy on the TV commercials with that padding around his rib cage. I have wondered if that is what is making him throw high. I think it will affect Riley's throwing and mobility - hopefully just a little bit.


LOL! I always thought he looked like the Michelin Man.



Maybe the padding does throw Jake off and could partly account for why in practice Jake is on the money but come game time he's all over the map.



I know when Steven Young started wearing the rib padding (1st QB to popularize it) he complained about the instant loss in mobility and essentially said it was a trade-off.



For mobile QBs the padding in some ways makes you more vulnerable to injury because of the lost mobility. Rather than twist, turn and an avoid hits as easily you simply have to take them because you can't move as quickly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.