Archived Topic

What do U fans and Y fans have in common?

by BerliNY · 11/29/2011

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
radius19 wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


How dare the DesNews print such slander? Don't they know that the UoU is a research based institution?


I just wish they would do their "research" somewhere other than on a passenger airplane:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395030/Airplane-arrest-prompts-questions-about-risks-some-take-with-pornography.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R
radius19
snoscythe wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


How dare the DesNews print such slander? Don't they know that the UoU is a research based institution?


I just wish they would do their "research" somewhere other than on a passenger airplane:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395030/Airplane-arrest-prompts-questions-about-risks-some-take-with-pornography.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Hey-O...
J
jonnylingo
snoscythe wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


How dare the DesNews print such slander? Don't they know that the UoU is a research based institution?


I just wish they would do their "research" somewhere other than on a passenger airplane:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395030/Airplane-arrest-prompts-questions-about-risks-some-take-with-pornography.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


ZING!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
wow. this kind of relates to the Why does the U hate the Y thread as well.



Perhaps they didn't get in the Y in the first place is because they weren't on a graduation path to begin with. Either that, or the beer-fueled pirate ship parties as well as the "freedom" to fraternize with non-Honor code co-eds prove to be more distracting than was expected.
C
CougarClaw
btw...the trib added a few other noteworthy gems about this travesty of a graduation rate:


sltrib wrote:

While the U.’s graduation rate is the highest in the state’s public university system, policy makers clearly expect much more from the state’s flagship institution. The private Brigham Young University, the state’s most selective school, has a graduation rate of 77 percent, even though a big share of its students go on church missions and marry young, experiences that work against timely graduation.



Utah State University’s 55 percent graduation compares well with peer institutions and actually exceeds those of schools that have more rigorous admissions standards.


lol. Peer institutions like U of U? Utah's graduation rate is a mere 3% points higher --Surely that falls close if not right in a statistical margin of error.



Congratulations Utah! you edged out Utah state for most drunk graduates in the state! :bug: Your strong academic credentials earned you this great honor. :roll: Perhaps in a few years, once you've stopped accepting all the BYU rejects, you TOO can break that elusive 60% graduation rate. :P



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53011674-78/graduation-state-university-college.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G
Gunk
But I thought it was BYU that had the high drop out rate since only half of the student body only goes to school to find their soul mate.
B
BerliNY
Gunk wrote:
But I thought it was BYU that had the high drop out rate since only half of the student body only goes to school to find their soul mate.


They do, that's why BYU only graduates 77%. Utes on the other hand find whole six-packs of soul mates every weekend! It's a wonder they graduate as many "students" as they do!
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
But the U's great academic standards are why they got into a conference...
W
Wickchad
BerliNY wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I graduated from the U. I knew that BYU wouldn't take me...


The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing?



I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or applaud your pragmatism.


I got a better education from my two years at Salt Lake Community College.
B
BerliNY
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I graduated from the U. I knew that BYU wouldn't take me...


The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing?



I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or applaud your pragmatism.


I got a better education from my two years at Salt Lake Community College.


Impossible! SLCC is not a highly prestigious research university and does not have the best medical school in the history of everything.
S
Schmoe
BerliNY wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
BerliNY wrote:
Neither of them graduated from the U.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705395047/Audit-U-should-beef-up-college-admission-standards-too-many-students-not-graduating.html?s_cid=rss-30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I graduated from the U. I knew that BYU wouldn't take me...


The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing?



I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or applaud your pragmatism.


I got a better education from my two years at Salt Lake Community College.


Impossible! SLCC is not a highly prestigious research university and does not have the best medical school in the history of everything.


Yeah, and they didn't discover cold fusion...
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
BerliNY wrote:
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing?

Was it Bill or Ted who said this?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.