Archived Topic

Random musings at 2 am

by AZman · 11/28/2011

Advertisement
A
AZman
1. We need a PG to step up until December 17 (Carlino). Personally, I'd rather have Winder leading the point but he needs to be more consistent.



2. I feel like we have depth as a team, but not talented depth. I don't mind Harrison and Rogers coming off the bench and Sharp is a scrapper but beyond them we have a bunch of warm bodies who I feel need to improve A LOT.



3. Any news on Chris Collinsworth's return? Although he still leaves a lot to be desired I'd rather watch him play the 4-5 rather than Nate Austin. Seeing Austin comes in makes me cringe.



I wish our 4-2 were at least 5-1 but hey there are more games to be played. Go Cougs!
M
mizzoucoug
I think Winder is doing fine. At least he's not turning the ball over like BZ. As far as depth goes idk, haven't seen enough games yet.



I don't like Collinsworth's game. I'm not seeing anything there of value to be honest with you. He's a tall white dude who is more athletic than James Anderson...am I underselling him? I've seen him play quite a bit of basketball and don't think so.
Q
Qman
Collinsworth has one good skill- rebounding outside his area. His D and offensive skills are sub par.
M
Mars


Collinsworth appears to rebound harder than anyone else on the team. In comparison, it's like Davies isn't even trying. If BYU gets down, put in some shooters (Harrison, Zylstra, Rogers, Sharp) and let Collinsworth clean up the glass and send them back out. If he's ever healthy again.
S
SpiffCoug
Collinsworth has been a non-factor this year. He has played all of 12 minutes and grabbed all of one rebound. I guess we can say he's been hurt, but he has not rebounded this year at anywhere near his rate of last year or career rate.



The only player averaging fewer rebounds than Collinsworth per 40 minutes is Damarcus Harrison. Even Craig Cusick and Nick Martineau are averaging more per 40 minutes.



CC was averaging 13.5 per 40 minutes last year. But he hasn't even appeared to have tried this year.
Advertisement
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Collinsworth has been a non-factor this year. He has played all of 12 minutes and grabbed all of one rebound. I guess we can say he's been hurt, but he has not rebounded this year at anywhere near his rate of last year or career rate. CC was averaging 13.5 per 40 minutes last year. But he hasn't even appeared to have tried this year.

I would guess that due to injuries, his career is over. Hope not though.
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, I'm not expecting him to return.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.