Archived Topic

Our BYUtv deal

by cougarnerd · 11/28/2011

Advertisement
C
cougarnerd
I don't get it. We had a deal this year with ESPN that we could broadcast our games on television. We did it for Ole Miss on Thanksgiving Day, and yet we don't have that game on byutv.org. Neither do we have Texas. What's up with that? Why don't we have them?
C
Cougarbib
cougarnerd wrote:
I don't get it. We had a deal this year with ESPN that we could broadcast our games on television. We did it for Ole Miss on Thanksgiving Day, and yet we don't have that game on byutv.org. Neither do we have Texas. What's up with that? Why don't we have them?


We have to negotiate for what we get on each road game. We have a lot more control on home games. I don't recall if the BYU truck rolled for any of those you mentioned. Maybe we only have the BYU truck games on BYU TV replay inventory.



Long way of saying



IDK



Sorry



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
TV deals are only for home games. Away games fall under the other team's television contract which for anyone in a conference means the conference television deal. That's why the OSU game was such a big deal because the Pac12 TV deal wasn't going to broadcast the game but BYUtv was able to work out a deal with them to broadcast it.
L
Lawboy
ESPN cleared us to show all games this year, though, as part of the deal. OSU game excluded of course.



Personally, I think the BYUtv issue is going to be an anchor for BYU football and athletics in the future. It already was the issue to blow the B12 and BE. After 1 year, BYU Admin has let it control the discussion that much. I do not get it. Rebroadcast rights are just not that big of a deal. Do you people not have DVR's?
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
ESPN cleared us to show all games this year, though, as part of the deal. OSU game excluded of course.



Personally, I think the BYUtv issue is going to be an anchor for BYU football and athletics in the future. It already was the issue to blow the B12 and BE. After 1 year, BYU Admin has let it control the discussion that much. I do not get it. Rebroadcast rights are just not that big of a deal. Do you people not have DVR's?


Only time will tell (does the big12 stay together). if big12 stays together we were idiots for not jumping. if it falls apart we will be geniuses.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:
Do you people not have DVR's?

If only it was that easy.



And no, I don't.
S
scott715
Nor does that solve international needs.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.