Archived Topic

USU Fans to cheer BYU?

by EM_Puma · 11/27/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I watched the end of the USU game yesterday to see if they became bowl elibible. They did. I look at the ESPN bowl projections and I don't see them, but they have Nevada, who they defeated. Does that mean they have not been updated or someone is projecting that a bowl will take Nevada (6-5) over USU (6-5), even if they both win their last games?



Someone in the media hinted the USU fans might become BYU fans for this next week as they would need Hawaii to be beaten by BYU to make it to a bowl game. I don't know for certain if that is true.



WAC - bowl ties

#1 Poinsettia - Louisiana Tech 8-4

#2 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl -

#3 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl -



currently eligible teams that will be considered for #2 & #3:

USU 6-5 (gave next week vs. NMS)

Nevada 6-5 ((game next week vs. Idaho)

Hawaii 6-6



The only way Hawaii goes bowling is to beat BYU. Hawaii wins, they become bowl eligible and they go to Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, leaving only Famous Idaho Potato Bowl open for USU and Nevada. Does that bowl then get to pick between the two and the odd man is out? So USU fans become ardent BYU fans for the week right? If it's like it was in the old MWC, then the bowls pick in set pecking order of the teams that are eligible. I don't know who they pick in Boise, Nevada or USU. Maybe Nevada fans become BYU fans too as with a Hawaii loss, both USU and Nevada have slots guaranteed.



just thinking out loud.
S
scott715
There probably will be some bowl slots that will not be filled. I bet the PAC-12 will have some openings.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.