Archived Topic

Wouldn't Utah vs TCU in Las Vegas be funny

by Dwight · 11/27/2011

Advertisement
D
Dwight
Last year when Utah went to pac12 I thought to myselft "wouldn't it be funny if their first year out they end up playing TCU in Vegas". Well, I'm still thinking that. :crazy:



By the way, how wacked out is it that UCLA is going to play for a Rose Bowl berth? That Pac 12 southern division is a joke. I'm thinking that USC is the best team in the pac 12 and all those other schools know it deep down inside.
F
frdbtr
And what would all the BYU fans who bemoaned that BYU lost to an "average TCU team that is going to get worked by boise state in a couple of weeks" say when TCU whips utah like a red headed step child?
S
SpiffCoug
Dwight wrote:
By the way, how wacked out is it that UCLA is going to play for a Rose Bowl berth? That Pac 12 southern division is a joke. I'm thinking that USC is the best team in the pac 12 and all those other schools know it deep down inside.

Of course it's a joke and all those teams know USC is the best team. It's not even deep down inside. They're probably embarrassed to see UCLA going as well.



ESPN700Shep said that UCLA playing for the Rose Bowl is proof BYU needs to be in a conference. Really, why? So BYU can also be in a conference with schools on probation and not eligible for post-season play?



The fact that UCLA is playing in the PAC12 championship is not due to UCLA's stellar play. It's ONLY because USC can't play in the game.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
By the way, how wacked out is it that UCLA is going to play for a Rose Bowl berth? That Pac 12 southern division is a joke. I'm thinking that USC is the best team in the pac 12 and all those other schools know it deep down inside.

Of course it's a joke and all those teams know USC is the best team. It's not even deep down inside. They're probably embarrassed to see UCLA going as well.



ESPN700Shep said that UCLA playing for the Rose Bowl is proof BYU needs to be in a conference. Really, why? So BYU can also be in a conference with schools on probation and not eligible for post-season play?



The fact that UCLA is playing in the PAC12 championship is not due to UCLA's stellar play. It's ONLY because USC can't play in the game.


I think Shep is saying we would kick UCLA's can this year and even having lost to Utah - be playing for the PAC 12 Championship - since Utah failed. Of course Oregon would cream us like the last time we played them in a Bowl - Oh yeah - we pulled the upset that time - I was there.



Of all the conferences - if we were to ever join one - I would choose PAC if it were up to me - Regional Rivalry and personal bias.
C
Cougarbib
I forgot to answer OP.



Yes - unless Utah overachieves and pulls out a win.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.