Archived Topic

Is UCF the Best Team in Florida or is it USF

by Cougarbib · 11/26/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
How bout them Florida Gators and FSU Seminoles. Florida's Marquee win was Vandy and they have not beaten a team with a winning record. They are 1-3 in their 4 road games. They have 8 home games and a 6-5 record. Luckily, SEC knows how to schedule OOC, so Florida had plenty of cupcakes at home to allow them to sort of salvage the season if they can beat a bad FSU team.



Miami bowed out of a bowl game because of the cheating scandal.



SEC East, PAC South, very weak. Big 10 off the mark a bit. And how bout Texas - is TCU the best team in Texas. UT is middle of the conference with equal wins and losses.



Conference life can be tough. Indy could be nice if we schedule like Florida and win, win, win.



I think Lawboy quit donating to the Gator Club and cancelled his season tickets given their horrible home schedule and they play almost every game at home or nearby.
C
Cougarbib
Sep 3 Fla. Atlantic Won 41-3

Sep 10 UAB Won 39-0

Sep 17 Tennessee Won 33-23

Sep 24 @Kentucky Won 48-10

Oct 1 Alabama Lost 10-38

Oct 8 @LSU Lost 11-41

Oct 15 @Auburn Lost 6-17

Oct 29 Georgia Lost 20-24

Nov 5 Vanderbilt Won 26-21

Nov 12 @South Carolina Lost 12-17

Nov 19 Furman Won 54-32

Nov 26 Florida St. 7:00 pm





Standings

SEC



East Conf. W-L Overall W-L

Georgia 7-1 9-2

South Carolina 6-2 9-2

Florida 3-5 6-5

Vanderbilt 2-6 5-6

Tennessee 1-6 5-6

Kentucky 1-6 4-7





West Conf. W-L Overall W-L

LSU 8-0 12-0

Alabama 6-1 10-1

Arkansas 6-1 10-1

Auburn 4-3 7-4

Mississippi St. 1-6 5-6

Mississippi 0-7 2-9
S
Schmoe
Cougarbib2 wrote:
And how bout Texas - is TCU the best team in Texas.


Well, considering their losses to both SMU and Baylor, I'm gonna go with a NO on this one. I'll give that accolade to Houston, instead.
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
And how bout Texas - is TCU the best team in Texas.


Well, considering their losses to both SMU and Baylor, I'm gonna go with a NO on this one. I'll give that accolade to Houston, instead.


Even though I wanna believe that TCU has improved as the year has rolled on and the win @BSU is more impressive than anything Houston has done - except one thing - let's give the nod to Houston who was smart enough not to schedule Baylor OOC.



But it has to be TCU or Houston at this point. Baylor is probably next best and SMU ain't bad. I just really enjoy seeing traditional powers down in the middle of the pack.



I was torn at the tail end of OSU vs Michigan. Wished they could both lose that one.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I think a Houston vs. TCU game would be a good one. I think Houston started the season as a much worse team but is the better team now.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Houston would beat TCU. TCU isn't great against the pass. Imagine what they would do against one of the best passers in college football history?
L
Lawboy
SpiffCoug wrote:
Houston would beat TCU. TCU isn't great against the pass. Imagine what they would do against one of the best passers in college football history?


Don't think Keenum would do any more to them thn Griffin did to them. His numbers were insane that game. Dude was on fire. I also think TCU is better now than they were week 1.



I have seen Houston play a few times, and they are like Hawaii was the year they made it. Someone is gonna punk them because their line will not give Keenum time all game long, and their D is average at best. Unless they play a Big East team, then I thin they win.
S
Schmoe
C'mon now, insults aren't necessary. I don't think any undefeated team will ever be as lousy as that Hawaii team.
C
cougarnerd
The title of this thread gives the illusion that you're talking about UCF or USF. As it turns out, you started talking about the Florida Gators. Now, we're onto Texas. What's up with that?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.