Archived Topic

Utes lose to Colorado!?

by frdbtr · 11/25/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
K, all you guys that talk about how whit is such a great coach, need to apologize to all of us who maintain that he is average. This is a worse loss then our loss to USU last year. Colorado is HORRIBLE, Bronco would never lose to a team like that.
B
BoiseBYU
The Bottom Five is devastated
F
frdbtr
Anyone remember the UNLV shut out. Yeah, whit is Sooooo much better of a coach then Bronco.
N
NebraskaCoug
Whit and the Utes live and die by emotion. That is precisely why Bronco (and Lavell before him) puts so much emphasis on being consistent from week to week. At least Bronco's teams beat the teams they should beat.
C
Cougarbib
Shucks - you beat me to this one. I was going to post something about Utah losing to their new rival.



I think most of you know that I got my MBA at Utah and thus do not hate the Utes - actually my 2nd favorite team - usually. But I have to keep convincing myself that I want them to win ever since the beatdown. Maybe PAC envy factored in there too. IDK.



But I was actually hoping they would beat Colorado - Luck out and go to PAC CHUMPionship Game - get killed by Oregon or Stanford - then end up in a pretty decent bowl and get killed by someone else. That would help with my PAC Envy thing.



But hey - a loss to Colorado this year may help with that PAC envy too. Indy has it's advantages as long as we do not overschedule.



We are going to be ranked miles ahead of U if we can focus on winning our remaining games and hope Utah loses one more. I guess they just started smelling those Roses a little too soon.



I still think KW is a very good coach. QB cupboard is bare. And you thought we had QB troubles.
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! They lost to Colorado! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Heard a ru rumor from a teacher at lone peak that claims Whittingham is trying to talk hansen out of a mission because the cupboard is still bare for next year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
It made my day. My favorites are BYU, Ohio State and whomever is playing the Pukes. It is just fun to watch them implode at times. Giving a team whose seniors have never experienced a road win was so kind of the Pukes. Too bad it didn't knock them completely out of a bowl game. I just always feeling like going Max Hall in every conversation involving Puktah.



You had to love to see this after a SL Trib writer claiming this week how great of a job KW was doing in this season to be at the edge of making it to the inagual PUKE12 conference championship after going 0-4 in the conference.
S
Schmoe
This was the Buff's first win outside of Colorado since 2007, Ouch!
B
BerliNY
Utes Fball loses, at home, to a CO team that hadn't won a road game in 4 years or a Pac12 game, ever.



24 hours earlier Utes Bball loses to Harvard, Hah-vahd, their third straight loss to make them 0-3.



What I wouldn't give to go back and have Riley Nelson start the Utah game. We may still finish with 10 wins but my joy cannot be completely full without a win over the ewe.
F
frdbtr
It is like i have said all along. utah gets up for 1 game per year. That is why when they play BYU they look like the NE Patriots and they lay an egg against crap teams. They went 7-4 the year it took the answered prayer to beat them. We completely dominated them the year it took 4th and 18 to beat them. that is why this year irritated me so bad. This was the year that they were a crap team that we should have dominated and due to stupid turnovers and sloppy play we are the team that gets blown out. The utah game this year is the worst loss that I can remember in all my years watching BYU football.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
I'm in the "Kyle Whittingham is a good coach" camp, and I'll happily eat my crow. He's still a good coach, but I feel more and more comfortable that he chose Utah over BYU.



The last two years haven't been terribly kind to his reputation, really. The last half of their 2010 season was like watching a potentially-great team playing in zombie mode, even if they beat SDSU and BYU in that stretch.



I'm sure it's been said elsewhere, but it's just mind-boggling how DEAD Utah looked. I guess you can argue that the injuries were demoralizing, but they looked bad before those, as well. This seemed like a gimme for a coach like Whitt. Like LamarAlexander#2 said, his teams seem to live and die by emotion, but there was PLENTY of reasons for them to be fired up today. I was betting on them being in the Pac-12 championship, and Colorado is the exact sort of team you should beat playing flat, much less motivated.
Y
Y 4 Ever
frdbtr wrote:
It is like i have said all along. utah gets up for 1 game per year. That is why when they play BYU they look like the NE Patriots and they lay an egg against crap teams. They went 7-4 the year it took the answered prayer to beat them. We completely dominated them the year it took 4th and 18 to beat them. that is why this year irritated me so bad. This was the year that they were a crap team that we should have dominated and due to stupid turnovers and sloppy play we are the team that gets blown out. The utah game this year is the worst loss that I can remember in all my years watching BYU football.

That was the most embarrassing loss in the history of byu athletics. And it has become a permanent stain on this season. I can't even make fun of my yewt neighbors for this loss.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
It is like i have said all along. utah gets up for 1 game per year. That is why when they play BYU they look like the NE Patriots and they lay an egg against crap teams. They went 7-4 the year it took the answered prayer to beat them. We completely dominated them the year it took 4th and 18 to beat them. that is why this year irritated me so bad. This was the year that they were a crap team that we should have dominated and due to stupid turnovers and sloppy play we are the team that gets blown out. The utah game this year is the worst loss that I can remember in all my years watching BYU football.


Fried Butter



Usually I expect balance and objectivity when I see you posting. Maybe not so much on this topic. Although I totally agree that Utah in SLC or in Provo, like Hawaii at their place, seems to overachieve Vs BYU frequently, and rarely do we see the opposite. Totally agree. But this year at least acknowledge that the loss of a very good but fragile QB named Jordan Wynn with absolutely nobody behind him, may have contributed to a Ute slide.



And, after all, Colorado is their new rival - not yet - apparently.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Cougarbib2 wrote:
It is like i have said all along. utah gets up for 1 game per year. That is why when they play BYU they look like the NE Patriots and they lay an egg against crap teams. They went 7-4 the year it took the answered prayer to beat them. We completely dominated them the year it took 4th and 18 to beat them. that is why this year irritated me so bad. This was the year that they were a crap team that we should have dominated and due to stupid turnovers and sloppy play we are the team that gets blown out. The utah game this year is the worst loss that I can remember in all my years watching BYU football.


Fried Butter



Usually I expect balance and objectivity when I see you posting. Maybe not so much on this topic. Although I totally agree that Utah in SLC or in Provo, like Hawaii at their place, seems to overachieve Vs BYU frequently, and rarely do we see the opposite. Totally agree. But this year at least acknowledge that the loss of a very good but fragile QB named Jordan Wynn with absolutely nobody behind him, may have contributed to a Ute slide.



And, after all, Colorado is their new rival - not yet - apparently.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Loss of Jordan wynn had nothing to do with losing to one of the worst football teams in all of College. Colorado would only have 3 wins in the MWC this year. If BYU played Colorado 10 times this year, we win all 10....big.
G
Guest
I turned on the game to check the score while it was still a game. I couldn't believe the empty corners in the stands. This was for the chance to go to the Pac12 championship game and they couldn't even fill the stands.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
I turned on the game to check the score while it was still a game. I couldn't believe the empty corners in the stands. This was for the chance to go to the Pac12 championship game and they couldn't even fill the stands.


Yep, and this isn't 65,000 seat LES, either.
S
scott715
The game wasn't at 8:15pm was it?
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
The game wasn't at 8:15pm was it?


Wasn't on espn either
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
It is like i have said all along. utah gets up for 1 game per year. That is why when they play BYU they look like the NE Patriots and they lay an egg against crap teams. They went 7-4 the year it took the answered prayer to beat them. We completely dominated them the year it took 4th and 18 to beat them. that is why this year irritated me so bad. This was the year that they were a crap team that we should have dominated and due to stupid turnovers and sloppy play we are the team that gets blown out. The utah game this year is the worst loss that I can remember in all my years watching BYU football.


Fried Butter



Usually I expect balance and objectivity when I see you posting. Maybe not so much on this topic. Although I totally agree that Utah in SLC or in Provo, like Hawaii at their place, seems to overachieve Vs BYU frequently, and rarely do we see the opposite. Totally agree. But this year at least acknowledge that the loss of a very good but fragile QB named Jordan Wynn with absolutely nobody behind him, may have contributed to a Ute slide.



And, after all, Colorado is their new rival - not yet - apparently.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Loss of Jordan wynn had nothing to do with losing to one of the worst football teams in all of College. Colorado would only have 3 wins in the MWC this year. If BYU played Colorado 10 times this year, we win all 10....big.


I dIdn't watch the game - but Utes akso lost the leading PAC rusher in that game and had 3 missed field goals. Lost by 3. No QB. No rusher. Kicker misfires. Do you think that might have been a factor.



Ironically, ASU lost as the Utes would have needed and 6-5 UCLA is going to the CCG. PAC supremacy - not. But even though BYU would never lose to Colorado in 10 tries we did lose badly to Utah and came within a whisker of losing to USU and we had a healthy QB with huge POTENTIAL and 3 or 4 running backs.

;)
B
BroncoBot
I think this whole situation says more about how absolutely pathetic the PAC is this year (and most other years). Top to bottom the MWC looked pretty good against the PAC most years. And this was a DOWN year for the PAC.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.