Archived Topic

BYU in the WCC

by bigblahla · 11/25/2011

Advertisement
G
Gunk
ABYUFAN wrote:
One immediate draw back to being in the WCC is getting your hands on tickets for the games.



I live in the Bay Area and I just tried to purchase some tickets for the St. Mary's game. You can only buy tickets if you're a season ticket holder. So, I tried StubHub. Cheapest ticket is $70!



I realize St. Mary's doesn't want their stadium over-run with BYU fans, but the season ticekt holders already have tickets. They don't need to buy tickets. So by making tickets available only to the season ticket holders St. Mary's is basically allowing the season ticket holders to profit off the game. Yet, it still won't keep BYU fans from attending the game as the season ticket holders are just selling the tickets online to whomever and it's the BYU fans that are most likely to buy them as they can't get their hands on them any other way.



Dumb move.

A group of us are going to the Santa Clara game, should be a good one, you may want to try them - no requirements to be a season ticket holder there...


Good call. I was also looking into the SF game too. SF ought to be competitive. Not a bad seat in SF either. That gym is so small everyone has a court side seat.
O
oldestlion
We have very few sellouts or season ticket hiolders. The stands will probably be split 60/4o LMU/BYU. If you are going to be in southern California, go to lmulions.com and do a ticket search. Tickets are cheap so bring the whole family.
G
Gunk
oldestlion wrote:
We have very few sellouts or season ticket hiolders. The stands will probably be split 60/4o LMU/BYU. If you are going to be in southern California, go to lmulions.com and do a ticket search. Tickets are cheap so bring the whole family.


Friend of mine were just talking about maybe making a trip.



In your opinion, which game would be better: SF or Santa Clara? I might go to both, but I have friends that can probably only afford to go to one. I am thinking SF.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
On Realtimerpi the WCC is now 7th place today having past the Missouri Valley. Sagrain has us as 10th.
Advertisement
N
NorCal
I have watched all of the byu games this year and haven't seen a lot of improvement yet. If Davies can play within himself and not get in foul trouble, we can play with most teams. Our back court still needs a lot of work. I'm considering this year a "rebuilding year" and will be happy if we just get into the NCAA tournament. We have a lot of young talent and should be top 25 again starting next year.
S
SpiffCoug
We have seen improvement at the PG position by moving from Zylstra to Cusick to Winder.
S
scott715
On Realtimerpi the WCC is now 6th place today and the Women are 9th.
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:
On Realtimerpi the WCC is now 6th place today and the Women are 9th.


BYU needs to do its part and beat Oregon tomorrow. We need the Pac12 and the MWC to be two bid conferences this season.
S
scott715
Looks like we got 5 teams in the WCC fighting for bids.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.