Archived Topic

The Future MWC

by 1967cougar · 11/25/2011

Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Let's assume Boise, Air Force, and San Diego State join the Big East. How would the conference look:



Wyoming

UNLV

CSU

New Mexico

Hawaii

Nevada

Fresno St.



Finally! A TV contract worthy of its participants.



I relish the thought.
G
golong
Indeed, talk about an irrelevant conference. I think the MWC is dead, done, finished, so is the WAC, and probably the Big East too.
C
Cougarbib
golong wrote:
Indeed, talk about an irrelevant conference. I think the MWC is dead, done, finished, so is the WAC, and probably the Big East too.


Seriously



WAC will be dead or on life support. Hawaii is gone next year. USU likely bounces up to MWC - finally getting their just rewards.



MWC / Conf USA will scrap something together that will survive for a while. Big Country. All Other. Leftovers. Whatever you want to call it. And if BEAST WEST loses AQ - look for them to do something with Big Country re a playoff. BYU could end up in a playoff mix there.



BEAST WEST will be a good conference. Not on a par with the other BCS conferences. But good.



And BYU will be playing many of the teams from the above conferences unless they like to continue to give away home field advantage.
D
Dcr36
golong wrote:
Indeed, talk about an irrelevant conference. I think the MWC is dead, done, finished, so is the WAC...


I've said this elsewhere, but I think the WAC could actually die - not "dead" in the MWC sense that it'll be a shell of its former self, but "dead" as in non-existent.



It'll be left with -



Idaho

Utah State

LA Tech

NMSU

SJSU



with the incoming additions of Texas-San Antonio and Texas State.



If the MWC needs more teams, I have to think Utah State is target #1 to get the Utah market back, and then maybe NMSU and SJSU as options #2 or #3.



C-USA would probably target LA Tech as a replacement option.



Idaho is a dead-in-the-water program. Smallest stadium in FBS and they can't fill it. I gotta think they're going to think about self-demoting to FCS.



I don't see the WAC lasting another 5 years.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.