Archived Topic

Conference affiliation, non-football sports

by Dwight · 11/22/2011

Advertisement
D
Dwight
I've enjoyed watching non-football sports on BYU TV. By the way, I'm proud of our 4th place national mens x-country team today. There were some PAC 12 runners at the meet today. I started wondering how our friendly cross country team at Utah faired this year. Turns out they don't have a mens cross country team, or a mens track + field team, or a mens vollyball team. Given the state of their basketball team, and the relatively small numbers of football fans (around 400,000), the Plaque 12 must have been a bit desperate to invite them into the conference. Cant really make any sense of it. It doesn't seem especially lucrative. It doesn't really add anything that they didn't already have. I'm wondering what it is that they brought to the table.
R
runbyu1
Very proud of the BYU Men's Cross Country Team as well today! Coach Eyestaone finally got that elusive Trophy! (Top 4 get trophies in XC).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.