Archived Topic

Put that rumor to rest?

by EM_Puma · 11/19/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/watch/2011/11/grant-cardone-selling-new-big-east-0#.TsfWMcBKjv0.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Per Jim Williams of The Washington Examiner



This just in...

One last thing and last thing…I confirmed through a high ranking broadcast industry source that ESPN is not in any way blocking a BYU move to the Big East. So the rumor that they were was totally unfounded.




That's good to know that it appears that ESPN is not attempting to block BYU's look at the Big East. Honestly if it is true that BYU didn't have an out in the contract if they joined another conference, I would have been surprised since it was known to be a possibility when we signed up. Weirder things have happened.
C
CAFB_04-12
It wouldnt make real sense since ESPN is the Big East tier one broadcaster (I think).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
EM_Puma wrote:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/watch/2011/11/grant-cardone-selling-new-big-east-0#.TsfWMcBKjv0.twitter



Per Jim Williams of The Washington Examiner



This just in...

One last thing and last thing…I confirmed through a high ranking broadcast industry source that ESPN is not in any way blocking a BYU move to the Big East. So the rumor that they were was totally unfounded.




That's good to know that it appears that ESPN is not attempting to block BYU's look at the Big East. Honestly if it is true that BYU didn't have an out in the contract if they joined another conference, I would have been surprised since it was known to be a possibility when we signed up. Weirder things have happened.


Saying they aren't blocking them in any way isn't the same as saying they aren't holding them to their contract.
L
Lawboy
Big East TV deal is with ESPN, but it ends after 2012. What I have heard is that NBC/Comcast is going to make a play and they could outbid ESPN. Big East Hoops is the reason as they Are huge in the northeast, but football would benefit. But it would stick BYU is a league with a TV deL that includes Versus and could affect rebroadcast rights. See MWC. Word is ESPN wants us to keep that deal too, just in case they lose Big East. So theynare working for us on this one in this case. This all makes sense to me.



Thing I would like the best is that if we do go Big East and keep the ESPN deal, count on earlier games when we play teams from out East.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.