Archived Topic

Is IM Home risking anything?

by Florwood · 10/27/2009

Advertisement
F
Florwood
Just got a flyer from the furnishings store, IM Home, saying they will refund the price of any purchase made between Oct 26 and Nov 21 if BYU holds Utah scoreless on Nov 28.



That could amount to a lot of money. What are the chances they'll have to pay up? Last time was 1979, when BYU beat Utah 27-0.
G
Guest
My wife and I got this same flyer when we got home last night. The look in her eyes was dangerous... she started talking about replacing all of our furniture and then wreaking havoc upon the Utah players so that they are unable to score...



The sad thing is, I don't know if I should encourage this behavior or temper it!
K
kiwibacon
hawkwing wrote:
My wife and I got this same flyer when we got home last night. The look in her eyes was dangerous... she started talking about replacing all of our furniture and then wreaking havoc upon the Utah players so that they are unable to score...



The sad thing is, I don't know if I should encourage this behavior or temper it!

Sounds like you have a real keeper in that one. That is just too funny. I wonder if there are some "close to the edge"(edge of insanity) fans out there that really do try to cause trouble the night before or day of the game to opposing team players...
B
bostoncoug
When I lived in Boston, a furniture company had a promotion where anything bought withing a certain price range would be free if the Sox won the world series. They took out an insurance policy to cover any losses. The Sox won the series, the insurance company lost a Ton of money. It was a brilliant promotion!!
G
Gunk
Would posting the flier on the locker room bulletin board by okay according to Bronco's edicts?



I'm sure the players' wives would like some new furniture. We need to get these fliers into the hands of the players' wives. Maybe the wives will provide that extra motivation Bronco shuns.
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Or you can keep it in the box or wrapper, and if you don't win, then return it (with the receipt) and get a full refund....
M
Mars
Gunk wrote:
Would posting the flier on the locker room bulletin board by okay according to Bronco's edicts? I'm sure the players' wives would like some new furniture. We need to get these fliers into the hands of the players' wives. Maybe the wives will provide that extra motivation Bronco shuns.

This is a perfect example of good "outside-the-box" thinking! :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.