Archived Topic

10 Bold Predictions

by Y 4 Ever · 11/16/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Here are my "bold" (or maybe not so bold) predictions for BYU football over the next decade:



1. We play both FB and BB in the Big East, which still exists

2. We have won 1/2 of the Big East fball championships. Boise has won 1 or 2.

3. Brandon Doman is the head coach

4. Bronco Mendenhall is a mission president or GA

5. Poppinga is the DC.

6. We no longer play :utard: , and :utard: REALLY regrets their decision to kill the rivalry

7. We have not yet played for another national title...but we've come darn close.

8. Jake Heaps stays, red shirts next year, and goes on to have Jim McMahon-like Jr and Sr years - and leads BYU to our first BCS game after winning the Big East Championship in 2013.

9. Cody Hoffman makes us almost forget about Austin Collie...and Ross Apo makes us almost forget about Cody Hoffman.

10. The Big 12 dissolves - and we are all REALLY glad we ended up in the Big East instead. Especially when the Big 12 leftovers end up begging for entry into the Big East after UT/OU/OSU/TT bolt to the bloated Pac 16.
T
trueblue72
I like #5, but I think we need to get Brady I've read he's a little crazy, I think he'd do awesome. Kelly would he good too, I would like to see a more attacking ferocious D like we had when Bronco first got here. Not necessarily the 3-3-5, but just see more aggression. I think either one of the poppingas would do that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
How about the whole family on D coaches! And then they just go crazy with the D.
M
MTM
The 2nd part of #6? No way.
C
cougarnerd
Y 4 Ever wrote:
9. Cody Hoffman makes us almost forget about Austin Collie...and Ross Apo makes us almost forget about Cody Hoffman.


So Hoffman has one or two 1000 yard receiving seasons, yet Apo outplays him and is drafted Round 1 pick <5 in the NFL Draft?



If that's the case, we've got great receivers. :D :D :D
Advertisement
C
creative45
The 2nd part of #6? No way


If we have played in 2 or 3 bcs bowls from the Beast and the utes have flounder around mid point in the pack ten and have only been to the vegas bowl then the 2nd part of 6# would absolutely be true.
M
MTM
creative45 wrote:
The 2nd part of #6? No way


If we have played in 2 or 3 bcs bowls from the Beast and the utes have flounder around mid point in the pack ten and have only been to the vegas bowl then the 2nd part of 6# would absolutely be true.


I don't see it even if all of this ^^^^ did happen.



BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule. Being 6-4 in the PAC has been so much more fun than being 9-1 in the MWC. I would trade 54-10 for a win over ASU in a heartbeat. And if/when BYU moves to a conference I would assume the Utah game would become near the bottom of your list in terms of importance too.



The Rivalry has changed and I know very few people on "our" side who really care much about it now.
S
Schmoe
MTM wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:
M
MTM
Schmoe wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.
W
Wickchad
MTM wrote:
MTM wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.


You do realize Utah has a bizarrely decent chance of playing in the Pac-12 championship this season, right?
Y
Y 4 Ever
creative45 wrote:
The 2nd part of #6? No way


If we have played in 2 or 3 bcs bowls from the Beast and the utes have flounder around mid point in the pack ten and have only been to the vegas bowl then the 2nd part of 6# would absolutely be true.


...which is exactly what I think will happen.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Dcr36 wrote:
MTM wrote:
MTM wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.


You do realize Utah has a bizarrely decent chance of playing in the Pac-12 championship this season, right?




OK, everybody who thinks that the :utard: have a chance in hell of winning the Pac this year, raise your hands.
M
MTM
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.


Every team has a chance of winning their conference.
B
BroncoBot
MTM wrote:



The Rivalry has changed and I know very few people on "our" side who really care much about it now.

you don't know very many people on "your" side then. Everytime I read comments of BYU football article on desnews, I have to wade through post after post of made by "your" fans. But I'm sure it's because they just don't care about the rivalry anymore.
Advertisement
M
MTM
declocoug wrote:



The Rivalry has changed and I know very few people on "our" side who really care much about it now.

you don't know very many people on "your" side then. Everytime I read comments of BYU football article on desnews, I have to wade through post after post of made by "your" fans. But I'm sure it's because they just don't care about the rivalry anymore.


I can't answer for everybody. I just know most of the fans I know would be just as happy to see the rivalry go away. I'm sure there are lots of people who feel differently.
M
MTM
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.


You do realize Utah has a bizarrely decent chance of playing in the Pac-12 championship this season, right?




OK, everybody who thinks that the :utard: have a chance in hell of winning the Pac this year, raise your hands.


Oregon will kill whoever the South sends.

But Utah DOES still have a chance to win the South despite the QB issues they've had this season.
D
Dcr36
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Schmoe wrote:

BYU will never be more that the 10th most important game on Utah's schedule.


:roll: Yeah, cause the fans, coaches, and players all get way more hyped to play against Arizona, UCLA, and Cal than they do BYU :roll:


Of course. A conference game is ALWAYS more important than a non-conference game.


That's nice coach speak and all, but conference games are only important to those teams that actually have a chance to win the conference.


You do realize Utah has a bizarrely decent chance of playing in the Pac-12 championship this season, right?




OK, everybody who thinks that the :utard: have a chance in hell of winning the Pac this year, raise your hands.


I'm not sure if ASU needs to lose one game or both, but if they do, and if UCLA loses to USC (likely), and Utah wins out (likely), they're in. The way ASU has been playing the last few weeks, I'd put the chances at maybe 30% they lose out.
C
cougarnerd
MTM wrote:
MTM wrote:



The Rivalry has changed and I know very few people on "our" side who really care much about it now.

you don't know very many people on "your" side then. Everytime I read comments of BYU football article on desnews, I have to wade through post after post of made by "your" fans. But I'm sure it's because they just don't care about the rivalry anymore.


I can't answer for everybody. I just know most of the fans I know would be just as happy to see the rivalry go away. I'm sure there are lots of people who feel differently.


My seminary teacher thinks that we shouldn't even play each other until we stop hating each other. Agreed?
M
MTM
cougarnerd wrote:
declocoug wrote:



The Rivalry has changed and I know very few people on "our" side who really care much about it now.

you don't know very many people on "your" side then. Everytime I read comments of BYU football article on desnews, I have to wade through post after post of made by "your" fans. But I'm sure it's because they just don't care about the rivalry anymore.


I can't answer for everybody. I just know most of the fans I know would be just as happy to see the rivalry go away. I'm sure there are lots of people who feel differently.


My seminary teacher thinks that we shouldn't even play each other until we stop hating each other. Agreed?


That's a good way to put it. The actual game could go away but it will probably take the "rivalry" longer to return to a sense of normalcy.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.