Archived Topic

Nelson should start when healthy

by Y12 · 11/15/2011

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Of course he should. Are there really people who think that he shouldn't?
C
Cougs_Rule
What is the definition of "Healthy"? RN's version last year when he was hurt but didnt tell anyone and then hurt the team? Or The Dr's when they know the truth.

What profiteth this team if he goes in hurt and gets nailed again, gets hurt and the revolving door just keeps spinning and spinning?

"When will [he] ever learn?"

Again, love his moxy!
T
trueblue72
It is true that you don't lose your job to injury, However with our next two games being against just stellar competition (sarcasm) if I were him I would sit those out and get ready for the bowl game. Just a thought though, according to what I've read RN has no aspirations of attempting to keep his career going after BYU (med school right?). At what point do these injuries become pointless in the grand scheme of things for RN? I love football but I quit playing after my first year of college ball because I broke my ankle and I was realist and knew I wasn't going pro. Being that I suffer everyday from old football injuries I just think that if I were RN I would hang it up, because a season ending injury and a possibly life threatening injury (collapsed lung) could affect you in your professional life later on.



Don't bash me and call me a RIley Hater I have the perspective of an injured player, at what point does it become enough? Just a thought
L
Lawboy
Phil Simms lost his job to injury, and the Giants won a SB with the back-up. You go with the hot hand. If Jake plays lights out, keep playing him. If not, the door is ope again.



Come spring--make a decision and stick with it. Don't have to decide until then.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
trueblue72 wrote:
It is true that you don't lose your job to injury, However with our next two games being against just stellar competition (sarcasm) if I were him I would sit those out and get ready for the bowl game. Just a thought though, according to what I've read RN has no aspirations of attempting to keep his career going after BYU (med school right?). At what point do these injuries become pointless in the grand scheme of things for RN? I love football but I quit playing after my first year of college ball because I broke my ankle and I was realist and knew I wasn't going pro. Being that I suffer everyday from old football injuries I just think that if I were RN I would hang it up, because a season ending injury and a possibly life threatening injury (collapsed lung) could affect you in your professional life later on.



Don't bash me and call me a RIley Hater I have the perspective of an injured player, at what point does it become enough? Just a thought

I think I totally understand what you're saying. I think though that Riley seems like the type that sees his football career differently then playing it smart (i.e lowering his head into safeties and lb's...) It seems as if he knows he's in a position where he can help his team and at the same time have a lot of fun so for the love of the game he wants to continue playing borderline recklessly and with as much heart.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.