Archived Topic

RBER for Idaho game

by hawkwing · 11/14/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Here is the RB Efficiency Ratings for the Idaho game.



RBER is a custom formula for measuring how effective running backs perform in the game. A score of 100 is an effective running back.



Riley Nelson - 127 (but only one run)

James Lark - 92 (but only 2 runs)



Michael Alisa - 152.3 - Alisa has been dominant against poor defenses but disappears against good defenses.



JJ DiLuigi - 80.6 - slightly substandard game by JJ, but he only had 8 carries.



Bryan Kariya - 200.83 - Kariya is boosted by having 2 touchdowns this game which are weighted heavily in RBER, it certainly helps what is otherwise a pedestrian 6 carry performance.



David Foote - 74.8 - Hard to judge a guy with only 5 carries.



Josh Quezada - 26.36 - I think it's safe to say that Quezada's performance has been one of the biggest disappointments/surprises of the year. He is consistently the worst performing RB of the group. I hope he can figure it out.



BYU Running Backs as a whole: 99.95. I would say we had an effective day running the ball.
J
jonnylingo
Hate when things turn out that way. It would be great if he was still able to turn it around but holy crap he has digressed as well.
C
Cougs_Rule
Alisa disappears because our line gets blown up against better Defenses. He did nothing really that spectacular on his 30+ run for a TD up the middle. He did break an arm tackle. NOt taking anything away from MA. But when our line dominates, he does well.
S
Schmoe
Sure, Kariya only got six carries, but his first-down where he dragged the defender across the line and his first TD were both things of pure beauty.
B
BroncoBot
It was nice to see so many guys getting touches. I'd like to see what foote can do with more touches. Seems like a nice solid running back.



Anyone else notice that Alisa is pretty dominant on special teams???
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
dmcougar wrote:
Alisa disappears because our line gets blown up against better Defenses. He did nothing really that spectacular on his 30+ run for a TD up the middle. He did break an arm tackle. NOt taking anything away from MA. But when our line dominates, he does well.


This. ALisa has looked good in games where he gets touches. Against TCU, we abandoned his touches pretty fast. Luckily, JJ had a great game. But I still think he is our best combo back on the team. Next year he should have a really solid season. I expect our line play to improve as well. This group is overrated.
N
nuk13
I think touchdowns should boost your RBER.
G
Guest
nuk13 wrote:
I think touchdowns should boost your RBER.

I agree!
P
ProV1
Juice isn't hitting the line of scrimmage with any speed and/or he is always going laterally at the gap. Alisa has been successful because he hits the gaps at full speed and is running "downhill."
B
byucougar1
Another factor that isn't shown is 3rd down conversion (attempts vs conversions). Mr. K is outstanding in that department when called upon to get a first down. He is one of the most efficient behind Riley. BTW - I believe that BYU is ranked 7th in the country in this department.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.