Archived Topic

Who should Utah play in a bowl?

by Mars · 11/13/2011

Advertisement
M
Mars


Forgive me this little indulgence.
D
Dcr36
Mars wrote:


Forgive me this little indulgence.


Boise State or TCU would both be good options if you want to see Utah lose. I haven't watched much of Utah under their Hays renaissance, but I'm assuming their run D is their strong suit still. I think you need a good QB to beat them - Kellen Moore is still Kellen Moore, and while Pachall was throwing into a pretty dinged-up secondary yesterday, I'm personally glad BYU will probably never have to face him again. Though his haircut sucks.



Utah State would get blown out worse that we did. Robert Turbin is a stud, but he'd be running into a brick wall time and time again.



Utah State has to win 2 out of 3 to be bowl eligible - against Idaho (yep), Nevada (doubtful) and NMSU (toss-up).
C
Cougarbib
Utah Vs USU would give a Ute win - most likely. The other two - Ute losses - most likely. BUt who knows. That D is good. But Vegas and TCU or BSU could happen.
B
BYULV
I wish they had a tie in to the Armed Forces Bowl, I would love a rematch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
I would rather see them play Utah State. They would be expected to win and a loss would really make them look bad. Against TCU or Boise they would be expected to lose. A win would make them look good. And I don't like those wart-faced stink-breath heathens to ever look good. Of course, I'm hoping they somehow lose out and never-ever win a game again.



But, then again, I hate them. I hate their coach, I hate their fans, I hate their . . .yada, yada, yada. And I know I am imperfect, so spare me the "forgiveness" crap. I'll work on that later.
Advertisement
A
a1247
1967cougar wrote:



But, then again, I hate them. I hate their coach, I hate their fans, I hate their . . .yada, yada, yada. And I know I am imperfect, so spare me the "forgiveness" crap. I'll work on that later.


From what I have seen you have nothing to work on. Your hate for the frUtes is perfect!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
rblack
As long as they lose, I don't care.
B
BerliNY
rblack wrote:
As long as they lose, I don't care.


I disagree. I want them to lose to the worst team on the list. Go Aggies!



And then I want them to lose again and again and again.
B
BroncoBot
Where's the "who cares" option?
C
crh55
Will they be going to the Vegas Bowl? That would be hilarious!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
MTM
crh55 wrote:
Will they be going to the Vegas Bowl? That would be hilarious!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




The projections I've seen from ESPN and CBS are for the Holiday Bowl vs.Texas or Missouri or the Sun Bowl Vs. Georgia Tech although CollegeFootballNews.com does have Utah/USU in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.



It is possible they could end up in Vegas but not looking real likely at this point IMO.
S
scott715
They are currently tied for 7th place but do have 2 easy games left to end the season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.