Archived Topic

USU beats SJSU with BACKUP QB!

by Brayden Green · 11/13/2011

Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Neener neener.



That is all. ;)



(TIC, I don't want any fights.)
C
Cougarbib
Comeback win, iirc. Close win. It is a most as if they are equals. But, then, that would mean they are about equal to Idaho.



Now I am confused. Has BYU, Riley, Jake Heaps, et al improved this much or did Idaho just get lucky last week?



Idaho looked quite a bit weaker tonight. But, they left their star receiver home, apparently for disciplinary reasons. Maybe that was why they had no passing game tonight.



So now I have no idea how to gauge NMSU Vs BYU. Are we really this much better or was the Idaho receiver that stayed home really that good?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
Yea, they drove late in the 4th quarter.



It wouldn't have been that close w Keaton in. But as things stand today with Keaton out, it was a pretty even slugfest.
D
Dcr36
I'm not sure what you're gloating about. You must've made some prediction that I missed.



But I think it needs to be said - there's a pretty good case to be made that Adam Kennedy is a better quarterback than Chuckie Keeton at this point. Aside from FCS games and an outlier game against Wyoming, Keeton's good for a 110-ish PER and sub-200 yard games. Kennedy has posted a 235 and a 174 PER in his last two games, and his 255 yards today easily surpasses Keeton's best of 213 (both against Auburn and Wyoming).



I think that, for all intents and purposes, Utah State got an upgrade at QB last week.
B
BroncoBot
nice work blueisbetter.



I also think that keaton very well could be done for the year and Kennedy looks like a substantial upgrade. Kind of sad that usu has two qbs that might be better than Byu's qbs.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
A one-point win, and their backup has outplayed their starter (just like we beat USU with our backup QB). I'd say they're comparable teams.
D
Dcr36
declocoug wrote:
nice work blueisbetter.



I also think that keaton very well could be done for the year and Kennedy looks like a substantial upgrade. Kind of sad that usu has two qbs that might be better than Byu's qbs.


I doubt that, really. Kennedy looks good and did have a better game stat-wise against SJSU than Riley. But Keeton's reputation vastly outweighs what he's done on the field. I've watched more USU football than I'd care to, and Keeton often feels like an afterthought in their offense. It feels like USU has him play an extremely limited playing offense, and his stats aren't that great. He looked great against Auburn and Wyoming and has looked pretty meh everywhere else.
G
Guest
Don't think the game would have been close if they'd been playing in more SJSU friendly weather. It would have been a big SJSU win.
B
Brayden Green
And I don't think it would have been close if they had to prepare for the dual threat of Keaton and his running ability.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.