Archived Topic

Kori Gaines transferring

by reppinBYUallday · 11/12/2011

Advertisement
R
reppinBYUallday
Let me first start off by saying that I am new to this forum, but have been sitting back and reading everything that has been said here for months now. I decided that I would give in and get one of these accounts. I'm here because I am a former athlete that knows numerous former and "current" athletes in all sports in the athletic problem. On this board there is way too much "here say and speculation" that is mentioned. People claim they have insiders but for some reason it never comes true and it really bothers me to the point I was forced to make this.



With that being said, "Kori Gaines will be transferring at the end of the semester in about four weeks to a Junior College in Mississippi prior to finishing with the semester. Bronco granted Kori his release and should be gone soon, unfortunately."



I look forward to helping with information and viable sources when it comes to inside information on athletes and BYU sports. I am a die hard BYU sports fan and always will be. Reason why no one knows about Kori transferring is because this all has transpired this past week. You all will find out from me first, then you will find out from media or Bronco soon. Questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask.



Go BYU.
S
SpiffCoug
If true, that's too bad.



I know he and Drew Phillips were pretty tight, is he going to the same JC that Phillips is at right now?
M
Mars


I've been expecting Gaines and Phillips to transfer since their first day at BYU. They aren't BYU kids. Both bad matches due to poor recruiting. Total misses.
R
reppinBYUallday
Yes, He will be transferring to the same community college as Phillips: East Mississippi Community College. I know both of them and I not surprised with the decision, but at the same time I am disappointed with Kori and his decision.
C
cougarnerd
Yeah, it's kind of discouraging. You want all of the best players who will abide by the Honor Code. Drew would have been great here if he could have kept his grades up.



BTW, what position was Gaines going to be?
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...
I
imuakahuku
mizzoucoug wrote:
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...


And Jake Heaps.
C
crh55
Its unfortunate to see another kid from that recruiting class go. First Fabuluje, then Phillips, now Gaines.



I just hope Heaps doesn't follow suit.
S
SenorCougar
imuakahuku wrote:
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...


And Jake Heaps.


Do you really care about Jake? His PER, effort, attitude, leadership, foot speed, humility, knowledge, "he's a practice guy not a game guy", are lacking. His colors will be red or purple next year, and I'm not referring to Weber State. To be tore down and belittled the way Jake has, and then to say that "he needs a redshirt year" to hide your dislike is for the talented QB stinks to high heaven. The receivers never "laid out" for the ball for Jake like they have for Riley. When Riley threw the 40 yard pass against Utah State in the middle of the field just to avoid the sack and McKay Jacobson caught the pass, that would have never happened with Jake. They wouldn't have fought for the ball. They didn't give the same effort. First series with Riley, Hoffman lays out to catch a sideline pass. His potential will be reached elsewhere with game plans designed to exploit his strengths, not his weaknesses.....and where he has player and fan support and appreciation.
G
Guest
SenorCougar wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...


And Jake Heaps.


Do you really care about Jake? His PER, effort, attitude, leadership, foot speed, humility, knowledge, "he's a practice guy not a game guy", are lacking. His colors will be red or purple next year, and I'm not referring to Weber State. To be tore down and belittled the way Jake has, and then to say that "he needs a redshirt year" to hide your dislike is for the talented QB stinks to high heaven. The receivers never "laid out" for the ball for Jake like they have for Riley. When Riley threw the 40 yard pass against Utah State in the middle of the field just to avoid the sack and McKay Jacobson caught the pass, that would have never happened with Jake. They wouldn't have fought for the ball. They didn't give the same effort. First series with Riley, Hoffman lays out to catch a sideline pass. His potential will be reached elsewhere with game plans designed to exploit his strengths, not his weaknesses.....and where he has player and fan support and appreciation.


Your negativity and whining is getting ridiculous. Why haven't you changed your username to SenorHeaps, since you're obviously a blind Heaps fan and not a Cougar fan.
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
crh55 wrote:
Its unfortunate to see another kid from that recruiting class go. First Fabuluje, then Phillips, now Gaines.



I just hope Heaps doesn't follow suit.


Don't forget Collin Keosheran (spelling...) also.
R
reppinBYUallday
imuakahuku wrote:
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...


And Jake Heaps.
mizzoucoug wrote:
Please fill us in on conference realignment then...


I do not know as many people in the Athletic Department as some as you do. I know a lot of the athletes and that is where I get most of my information from so that means I can't say much on the conference realignment as I wish I could. When I know more about Jake Heaps you will be the first to know, but in all reality I hope he stays. He built that recruiting class and if he transferred with the other three already it would diminish that class.
C
Cougarbib
It might be interesting to revisit that class annually and see how it pans out. Not so much yet. But this is just year 2 and some missionaries will red-shirt and go 7 years.



KVN does not count, because technically he was prior year class and then had to wait a year to be admitted. I am sure glad KVN stuck with it and Jake Heaps and his family helped make that happen.



Apo was recruited by Heaps as was Stoudt. Apo has started to produce but is a bit gun shy after getting hung out to dry across the middle twice. Stoudt - not so much. Is he injured or on a mission?



T Fab might have been linked to Apo iirc.



Who else did Jake personally recruit?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Has Kori got academic or HC issues? Playing time? Provo lifestyle? Homesick? Just wants to hang with Drew? JC does not last forever. How is Drew doing? After JC - schollie offers for Drew and Kori might not be to the same school. Maybe they both come back - with experience.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
HAsta Luego, and good luck Kori. (if this is true)
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Sounds like is it a good decision for him. Hearing Kori is hurt and not getting too much help tom get better. He is not pleased about it. I am sure the original poster can confirm.



BYU is not perfect on player issues.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Lawboy wrote:
Sounds like is it a good decision for him. Hearing Kori is hurt and not getting too much help tom get better. He is not pleased about it. I am sure the original poster can confirm.



BYU is not perfect on player issues.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

They're not perfect, but they certainly don't withhold treatment for injured players.
L
Lawboy
SpiffCoug wrote:
Sounds like is it a good decision for him. Hearing Kori is hurt and not getting too much help tom get better. He is not pleased about it. I am sure the original poster can confirm.



BYU is not perfect on player issues.



They're not perfect, but they certainly don't withhold treatment for injured players.

Ok. Except in this case, he is having to go to his own doctor,and is not getting staff treatment. My source is rock solid on this.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Sounds like is it a good decision for him. Hearing Kori is hurt and not getting too much help tom get better. He is not pleased about it. I am sure the original poster can confirm.



BYU is not perfect on player issues.



They're not perfect, but they certainly don't withhold treatment for injured players.

Ok. Except in this case, he is having to go to his own doctor,and is not getting staff treatment. My source is rock solid on this.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

If this is true, I'm a little embarrassed for byu.
S
SpiffCoug
Yep, that's what BYU does, tell players they have to go see their own doctor and that they don't have time to help them.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.