Archived Topic

CC lunch today. Who attended?

by Lawboy · 11/10/2011

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Word is that Tom Holmoe said that BYU is NOT going to the Big XII. Anyone there to hear that statement in person?



Brandon Doman also spoke and said that all 12 games are set for 2012. Also said that the amount of calls and contacts from recruits has increased drastically from 2010 to 2011, by as much as 30x. No inclination on whether the caliber of recruits contacting BYU actually increased though. But the volume has.
K
Kajdin
Volume in general could also mean volume of quality recruits as well!
C
Cougarpoke
I heard the rumor about no B12 myself. Was wondering if anyone else had heard that. Although, judging from the fact that Lawboy has changed his sig pic also makes me believe that the B12 is done and buried. Looks like Indy or BEAST...which is better?



As for the recruits: I am sure more people have inquired. We have been on TV a lot and had a good run with Jimmer. I am not surprised there is increase in people wanting to know about BYU, but I don't know how good those recruits would or will be. Will see. Just think if we could have AQ status with our current contract with ESPN what kind of recruits we could get?
P
pjmuli
One would think that if such had happened we would have seen more activity on Twitter. Maybe it is just late...the best I could find on it is someone trying to confirm it with Dick Harmon, who knew nothing about it.
C
CougarClaw
shouldn't be a surprise.



And of all the places to release information like that. CC luncheon sounds like the perfect place. let the donors be the insiders.



One of the other things I heard he said was in response to what the reason was.



he said something like "they don't tell us why they don't select us" I thought that comment was equally interesting. Could easily bespeak the turbulence and lack of leadership going on under the surface.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
The big 12 is a mess.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.