Archived Topic

Espn3 now WatchESPN?

by nogbody · 11/8/2011

Advertisement
N
nogbody
Looks like ESPN is finally getting around to branding everything the same... No more ESPN3??? Am I late to the party? I just noticed this.



The plus to all this is that now it looks like ESPNU feeds are now part of the package! We can watch the NMSU game and a host of BYU Basketball Games that were scheduled for ESPNU on WatchESPN now! yes!



http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#channel/espnu/category/category-all/type/upcoming/





Go Cougs!
N
nogbody
Nevermind... looks like I spoke too soon. Looks like the same nonsense. You gotta be a TV subscriber...



BOO!



"What networks are available thru WatchESPN?



Subscribers with an ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line or ESPN Buzzer Beater TV subscription from a participating TV service provider will have access to watch a live stream of the same network online and via the WatchESPN app in addition to content on ESPN3, subject to certain rights and blackout restrictions. Subscribers of non-participating TV providers will have access solely online at WatchESPN.com to ESPN3 programming as long as they subscribe to a participating high speed internet service provider."
S
Sammich
I just don't get why these stations don't provide at least a pay-per-view option for games. Are cable companies only agreeing to carry ESPN if they don't give people other options to get the service? You would think ESPN is in demand enough among cable subscribers that they could negotiate their way out of that condition. But what do I know.
N
nogbody
Totally agree! I'm sure the cable companies know that Sports is in huge demand, and if people had an alternative to expensive satelite just to get sports via the internet, then subscriptions would go down thus making it more expensive to carry the other 150+ channels most people never watch.



I'm actually surprised that ESPN3 has been so accessible. I know you have to have a valid ISP but other than that, it's quite easy to get access to a lot of your favorite sports. for Free...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.