Archived Topic

Big East in Need of a New Name

by Cougarfan87 · 11/8/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
So, if BYU decides to join the Big East, doesn't a change in the conference name have to be a priority?



With such a large geographic spread, how about Conference USA? I guess not. That's already taken.



With 12 teams how about we drop the East identifier and go with Big 12? Naw, that would probably bring up bad images of not getting invited to the Big 12. We already have enough identity issues.



How about Big American Conference? That doesn't really have the spark I'm looking for.



Any good suggestions out there?



These are the things I think about at work...when I should be working
G
Guest
I like the name Big Country. Maybe we could have a peach for a mascot?
A
ABYUFAN
Island of Misfit Toys?
T
trueblue72
Melting pot, leftovers, pot luck, the supreme (in reference to the pizza, has a little bit of everything). In general food names I think would be the best ideas. Can you tell it was close to lunch when I posted this?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
redneckjedi
I say we call it the Big X, with X being any number provided that it is NOT the number of teams we have in the conference. ;)
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Since the teams would be sorta mainly in the mountainous areas, both east and west, how about "The Mountains West Conference." We could have a big ugly square-block looking logo formed by the letters M and W. I'm pumped!
R
redneckjedi
How about "The 99%"? ;)
S
SpiffCoug
Purple Mountains & Fruited Plains Conference?
S
sandiegoblue
Since BYU would be the flagbearer of the new conference, how about the Big Yeast.
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
I like the name Big Country. Maybe we could have a peach for a mascot?


Or apple pie?



I like Big Country with an East vs. West bracket.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
sandiegoblue wrote:
Since BYU would be the flagbearer of the new conference, how about the Big Yeast.


Too close to a certain type of feminine infection. Gross!
S
snoscythe
Big Broad Conference
C
CougarClaw
Time to sell out.

How about the Ford Explorer Conference.

The Febreeze Duster for women conference

The McDonalds Filet-o-fish conference

or the Barrack Obama for President Conference.



if not. maybe something more lame like:



Bigger 12 Conference

or

Huge 10 Conference
E
EM_Puma
How about the College National Football League (C-NFL). Then we could have BYU competing in the NFL. We could guarantee recruits that they will play in the NFL if they come to BYU.
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
Big Broad Conference


This is more in line with one of my original thoughts...which I deleted considering it being inappropriate--at least the acronym was inappropriate. Nothing wrong with the BBC, but Women's rights activists may not like it. :D
Advertisement
D
DesertCougar
Some thoughts while at work...I am so bored...

CCC - Coast to Coast Conference

CMD - Conference Manifest Destiny or the Conference of Mass Destruction, which could have a positive or negative connotation depending on how they play.

AAC - All-American Conference

LDS - League of Distant Schools

GPS - Great Pile of **** (that would only be my suggestion if BYU does not join the conference of course)

UCA - United Conference of America

UDA - Under Dogs of America (Cause you know we would be)

BSC - Barely Stable Conference

FOC - Football Only Conference

CACHE - Conference of American Colleges for Higher Education (Equality) (Equity) (Earnings)

FWC - Far & Wide Conference



Or there is another option to keep the Big East the name of the conference for all other sports and create a new name just for football. Then you could have names like...

CFC - The College Football Conference

AFC - America's Football Conference

PAFL - Pacific Atlantic Football League

WTF - Will Travel for Football Conference
R
redneckjedi
DesertCougar wrote:
CCC - Coast to Coast Conference


I can't believe you didn't use this opportunity to create the Koast to Koast Konference instead. It was right there, man... ;)
B
BoiseBYU
I do not know if we are bigger but we are wider--so how about:



The Wide 12
D
DesertCougar
redneckjedi wrote:
CCC - Coast to Coast Conference


I can't believe you didn't use this opportunity to create the Koast to Koast Konference instead. It was right there, man... ;)


Haha! That is horrible! I bet Warren Metcalf would think it fits BYU great!
S
Schmoe
Has anyone suggested The General Conference?
Page 1 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.