Archived Topic

SDSU set to reject BE offer if BYU accepts

by Y4LYFE · 11/8/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
SDSU's tantrum over this makes me think BYU might actually be close to the BWEAST.



I don't know what to think about it though. I'm still leaning toward indy till things pan out a bit.
A
ABYUFAN
OK I'm slow ...is this link supposed to be for a basketball game?
B
BerliNY
Is this for real?

Would SDSU be so presumptuous before an offer is even made?

Would SDSU really turn down an offer to join a BCS conference?

Would SDSU really make all this public?



I find it all hard to believe. But I've been surprised by SDSU classiness before.
C
cougarnerd
I'm not surprised. Earlier, I said that the distance would make moving to the Big East a bad move for BYU. For SDSU, it would be even worse. Think Hawaii to the ACC or SEC. Unreally stupid. :skeptic:
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
SDSU was quoted earlier as wanting un Big East and preferably in all sports. They obviously are not worried about distance. The link in the OP is to an article about BYU beating SDSU again in basketball last season.



So what is up with this post. A bad joke or wrong link?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
One obvious question is how in the world a California State public institution could afford to have their sports in an eastern based conference? They would obviously be traveling more than they would in the MWC and I don't know that the conference cut would cover the cost of all of their sports. I don't know the facts of the reality of what I am saying, but on the surface of the conversation, I'd be surprised they would have the funds to make this happen. The BE $'s payout is not at the same level as the ACC, SEC, B10 or B12.
D
Dcr36
EM_Puma wrote:
One obvious question is how in the world a California State public institution could afford to have their sports in an eastern based conference?


You forget about all the sweet sweet money coming out of SDSU's Jack-In-the-Box connection. ;)
C
CougarClaw
Cougarbib2 wrote:



So what is up with this post. A bad joke or wrong link?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


same question. What's up with this post?
G
Gunk
CougarClaw wrote:



So what is up with this post. A bad joke or wrong link?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


same question. What's up with this post?


Has to be the wrong link. I wouldn't put it past SDSU, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
Cougarbib2 wrote:



So what is up with this post. A bad joke or wrong link?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


same question. What's up with this post?


Has to be the wrong link. I wouldn't put it past SDSU, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Do you really think that they'd turn down an offer to go to a BCS conference just because BYU is in it? That's putting us in quite a bit bigger position than we can fill is it not?
G
Gunk
ABYUFAN wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:



So what is up with this post. A bad joke or wrong link?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


same question. What's up with this post?


Has to be the wrong link. I wouldn't put it past SDSU, though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Do you really think that they'd turn down an offer to go to a BCS conference just because BYU is in it? That's putting us in quite a bit bigger position than we can fill is it not?


No, I don't think they would. They're stupid, but not that stupid. I wouldn't, however, put it past them to make stupid comments like this.
L
Lawboy
It was a joke. Based upon the email the SDSU Asoc AD wrote about the disadvantages of being in a league with BYU. First part to the joke is SDSU has an invite. That is funny. Second part is that if BYU also has one, they turn it down. That is also funny.



Point being, SDSU is really dumb.
S
snoscythe
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/wda1165l.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.