Archived Topic

Thanks for the memories, Pendelton

by hawkwing · 11/7/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
I've loved watching Jordan Pendelton play over the last several years. I'm very sad that his career is now over, and I thought it would be great if we could post some great pictures from Pendelton as an honor to his career tragically cut short by injuries.



http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eSJwpqzSazE/TG2NpavWyfI/AAAAAAAAACs/0z0hWSjm0h0/s1600/linebackers.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/heraldextra.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/c/a1/8f5/ca18f554-dcd4-11de-8bc8-001cc4c03286.image.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
Amen. I feel the same way about JP that I did about Staley. Amazing athlete. Best player on our D. Might have gone down as best LB EVER at BYU had he been able to stay healthy. He certainly had the talent to be the greatest LB at BYU, and the smarts. Too bad he couldn't stay on the field. Loved watching him play.
G
Guest
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jordan+Pendleton+BYU+v+Texas+N5wdtvflCZRl.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://cougarcenter.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/jpy.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/5895015.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
What was the injury?



Too bad. What are his chances of making an NFL roster?
H
HoosierCougar
His best option now will be as a free agent, but with the rigor the NFL Doctors use to evaluate talent, it is unlikely that JP makes it thru a physical. Unfortunate.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Knee injury.
B
BYUROCKS
I think I missed something, I have worked the past 4 weekends (also the night of the TCU game), I did not see the games, what happened ?
C
Cougarbib
BYUROCKS wrote:
I think I missed something, I have worked the past 4 weekends (also the night of the TCU game), I did not see the games, what happened ?


This came as a surprise. It was not obvious in the game and I don't recall hearing of it on post-game. Pendleton had the potential to be the best player ever on BYU defense. His wheels just kept falling off. Too bad. He deserved a better fate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
In the presser today, Bronco said the injury happened in the TCU game, but because JP kept playing they don't know on what play he hurt himself.
G
Gunk
Ugh...that sucks.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Thanks Hawk. This kid really deserves the praise. He wasnt a saint early on, but fought hard, hung in there, worked through a bunch of adversity, worked like a Jerry Rice to stay game-ready, notwithstanding the injuries. Best to Jordan. Thanks for the amazing play at BYU.
T
trueblue72
My personal favorite:


JPvJW.jpg



I remember laughing due to the awesomeness of that hit!
C
cougarnerd
What hit was that, trueblue72?



I loved watching him play, too. :)
T
trueblue72
cougarnerd wrote:
What hit was that, trueblue72?



I loved watching him play, too. :)


Nerd,The picture that I posted of JP absolutely destroying Jordan Wynn in '09 is the one that I laughed at when I saw him lay the wood!
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
My personal favorite:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVTsc0kS1A
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
My personal favorite:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVTsc0kS1A

copycat. :P
D
Ddawg
Thanks Hawk - always on the cutting edge - great thread & tribute! Pendleton had tremendous athletic ability! An awesome warrior! Huge heart! Tragic ending.
W
Wickchad
I hope we find out what happens when you mix a Pendelton with a Collie. Here's to hoping Jordan has at lease five boys. We need to start setting more of our star players up with other star players' sisters...
B
Brayden Green
Copycat, hmmm? Oh is that link you posted the same video? lol
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.