Archived Topic

Previewing USU

by Qman · 11/7/2011

Advertisement
Q
Qman
In looking over the box scores and seeing some highlights from the Adams St. game I wanted to start a discussion of the USU-BYU game.



The Aggies start 3 guards and two forwards



Pane 6'1" 195 Senior

Thornton 6'3" 175 Freshman

Medlin 6'4" 175 RS Sophmere

Jardine 6'7" 220 Senior

Grim 6'7" 230 Senior



Off the bench they have one 6'10" freshman, several 6'6"-6'7" forwards and a bunch of guards.



We should have a size advantage inside with Davies and on the wing with Abouo, Rodgers, Zylstra and Harrison.



This may be a game to post Abouo and Rodgers against the smaller USU guards.



Based on the little I have seen them play and what we know about Jardine and Grim from previous seasons- they don't have any post game to speak of. Jardine is a good player in the mold Louis Admunson. Grim is more of a pick and pop sort of player.



I expect they will run pick and rolls all night and try to get their guards into the paint. This is going to test our team defense and put the onus on Davies to not get into foul trouble. We should consider putting Abouo on Pane.



The winning formula for BYU is to limit turnovers, keep the USU guards out of the paint and off the free throw line and establish our post presence. We should be able to hit the offensive boards hard too.



Thoughts?
S
SpiffCoug
USU has as many question marks as we do. I'm not confident in a win, but a win wouldn't surprise me.
Q
Qman
“The fact is, I would like to be further along than we are right now,” Morrill said. “But we’re not further along. We’re 16 practices in. We’ve got a lot of new guys in there, a lot of guys that are getting nervous, a lot of guys having slippage from practice to the games.”


http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/52855768-77/state-aggies-adams-half.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R
radius19
Is this game going to be on tv locally?
S
SpiffCoug
Yes, I think the St. George channel. Per KCSG's website here are their channels:

Local: 14,16

Comcast: 116

DirecTV: 44

Dish: 37
Advertisement
Q
Qman
It shows up on ESPN3.com
R
radius19
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yes, I think the St. George channel. Per KCSG's website here are their channels:

Local: 14,16

Comcast: 116

DirecTV: 44

Dish: 37


Because that makes sense... seeing how both schools are so close to St. George...

Sad that they couldn't work something out so byutv could pick it up. At least that way fans of BOTH schools could watch it instead of neither fan base in Utah County or Cache Valley.
S
scott715
What I am going to miss a game? It seems like I have been seeing all of them. At least the football games and the end of last season bball.
D
Dcr36
USU bench just got thinner. Antonio Bumpus, who was a JuCo All-American, left the team.
R
radius19
Dear mods,

I'm not really great at math but the countdown to tipoff/kickoff is off. It puts the games at 2 a.m. and 2:15 start times, respectively. I know they start later in the evening than maybe we'd like but not that late. Anyway, just an fyi.
Advertisement
G
Guest
radius19 wrote:
Dear mods,

I'm not really great at math but the countdown to tipoff/kickoff is off. It puts the games at 2 a.m. and 2:15 start times, respectively. I know they start later in the evening than maybe we'd like but not that late. Anyway, just an fyi.


We sold our soul to get on ESPN, this is what we get ...

:lol: :lol:



There must be a math error somewhere, I'll figure it out.
B
BroncoBot
I noticed the countdown as well. HA. Glad it won't be that late. It would be 4am for me on the east coast.
Q
Qman
ESPN3 has the game at 9:00 PM EST. Which sounds more reasonable.
E
EM_Puma
radius19 wrote:
Dear mods,

I'm not really great at math but the countdown to tipoff/kickoff is off. It puts the games at 2 a.m. and 2:15 start times, respectively. I know they start later in the evening than maybe we'd like but not that late. Anyway, just an fyi.


Maybe that's when BYUtv will replay it ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.