Archived Topic

Lsu/bama

by Y 4 Ever · 11/6/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Watching these two D's control this game makes me think how much fun it would be to watch either of these teams go up against kellen Moore and bsu. Would be a fun game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
Neither team would shut down any Boise team from the last 3 years (especially last year's team). It's a shame we'll never get to find out. Yes, BSU plays a patsy schedule but they would have a good 2 TD lead vs either team.
B
BoiseBYU
Incredibly good defenses. Surprisingly bad QBs. Maybe Jake should transfer there? :-X



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
espn700shep hates defensive games apparently. I love them. This has been a spectacular game.
K
KYCoug
This is exactly why I don't care for the SEC. I say if you don't have an offense that can do more than that you don't deserve a NC. How boring! I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter and didn't miss a thing. If all your running back can manage is to run right into the pile of linemen for maybe a yard, number 1 what an ill conceived play and 2 why not bounce out and try something else, and 3 why not try some play action passing, even if you hit an outlet back or the tight end(who has 5 receptions all year) you've got to be doing something more than running right up to the pile!



Yuck!
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
That game was as watchable as defense oriented games get, IMO. Not my type of game. Still, impressive performances by both teams.



I really don't want a NC rematch though, for reasons this thread implicitly points out - an O vs D match is more enticing, and Ok. State, Stanford and BSU would all provide that.



For what it's worth, If there was one year where BSU doesn't really impress me, it's this. Their marquee win was over a team in the weak half of the SEC who'll win their division because South Carolina has been astronomically unlucky. I went to the AFA game a couple weeks ago and wasn't super impressed either. And they look pretty sloppy tonight.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I'm really hoping that Ok St. can pull it off the rest of the season for several reasons: 1-I wouldn't be able to stomach an all-SEC rematch game for the championship. 2-I like the Big XII. 3-I don't like Stanford, I don't like the PAC in general, and I think they're overrated this year. 4-I couldn't stomach a MWC team in the championship. 5-Ok State's offense has athletes that can compete with the athletes on LSU's defense.
S
snoscythe
I'm sorry, but in my book if you miss 4 field goals in a game that is decided in overtime, you blew your chance and you don't deserve a rematch.



Someone else better get their shot over Bama.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
I'm sorry, but in my book if you miss 4 field goals in a game that is decided in overtime, you blew your chance and you don't deserve a rematch. Someone else better get their shot over Bama.
RETWEET



:D
L
Lawboy
snoscythe wrote:
I'm sorry, but in my book if you miss 4 field goals in a game that is decided in overtime, you blew your chance and you don't deserve a rematch.



Someone else better get their shot over Bama.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

At home in front 100k+ as well. They should be out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
You saw the BCS standings this weekend. Bama #3. Don't know how you can avoid a rematch. Unless Georgia can step up and bet LSU which is unlikely. OK St still has some tough games ahead. I can imagine the ratings would suffer if they have another ugly game. Who wants to see that?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.