Archived Topic

What are YOU doing this bye-Saturday?

by snoscythe · 11/4/2011

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
What are CougarCornerers doing with an "off" Saturday?



I'm off to a gun show and to finalize scouting for the elk hunt.
C
Cougarbib
Since you brought this up - sort of -



BYU could have scheduled an extra game in 2011 because of the NCAA rule that rewards teams that play at Hawaii with this option. But, in the BCS world, you get rewarded for not losing and even adding a cupcake creates risk of injury that would cause a fluke loss to the cupcake as would overlooking said cake, or make you more likely to lose a later game.



As a fan, I can never get enough BYU football, but when we still were 0-0 could see the wisdom in passing up the extra game. Now that we have three losses, I would love to be playing New Mexico or UNLV tonight or tommorrow and thus virtually assure 10 wins with 11 a possibility.



Extra game adds experience that perhaps helps us later this year and definitely for next year.



See my thread on should we have passed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Wish I could have picked more than one option.



The wife and I will be cruising for a sweet piece of Cougar Tail tonight at the basketball game.



I hope to get some PS3 time in (Batman Arkham City).



Watch the LSU Alabama game.



I would like to kill something, but for some reason they haven't started giving out Ute tags yet.
D
Dcr36
hawkwing wrote:

I hope to get some PS3 time in (Batman Arkham City).


Heck yeah. Arkham Asylum was the highlight of my Christmas break last year. Arkham City will probably have to wait for this year's Christmas break, though.



This weekend, I'm getting some study time in and visiting some relatives coming in from out of town. Probably watch a game or two in there.
G
Guest
Dcr36 wrote:

I hope to get some PS3 time in (Batman Arkham City).


Heck yeah. Arkham Asylum was the highlight of my Christmas break last year. Arkham City will probably have to wait for this year's Christmas break, though.



This weekend, I'm getting some study time in and visiting some relatives coming in from out of town. Probably watch a game or two in there.


Yeah, Asylum was wicked awesome. I just started City last night and only got to play for about an hour. So far so good. The controls are a little more touchy this time around which has taken some getting used to, but I'm really excited to play it out.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
I would like to kill something, but for some reason they haven't started giving out Ute tags yet.


The other fellow at the office and I are getting "pork-chopper" tags for Texas next year. They keep getting closer and closer to Ute tags, but the Federal government is still embarrassed about last time they issued those tags up by the Big Horn Rivers.
G
Guest
I also wish I had my tickets to the gun show.



http://www.theofficestuff.com/images/pics/Gun-Show.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Anniversary weekend getaway with the wife. Great timing for the bye weekend.
T
trueblue72
I am going to try to kill something, it might be my 4 year old if she doesn't stop screaming so damn loud all the time. With the weather changing like it is, I'm going to try to go kick the brush and try to spoke up some Pheasants and maybe blast a few ugly ducklings. Oh wait!!!!! I have to work part of the day!!!! Sometimes I hate being right under the bosses in ranking, cause when we have to come in on the weekend, they put all the responsibility on me!!! Jerks!
K
Kbear
Seriously, my husband wants to get Christmas shopping over with! :bug: It is very strange and I may need to do some lab work or something to determine if he is sick. :lol: I'm still going to watch the BB game though :crazy:
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Change the pregnant upper radiator hose on my truck, do a ton of reading, watch some football, and clean up the house so my wife doesn't kill me.
A
ABYUFAN
Camping with the scouts, and changing oil on the car



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
Final dive for my open water scuba certification. Gives me something to look forward to. Probably watch the Bama/LSU game at some point in the day.



With 3 Friday games this season, getting a little used to no Cougar game on Saturdays.
H
HoosierCougar
I'm in Omaha, NE and heading to Lincoln in a few hours to see the Huskers vs Northwestern. I'll wear red to a football game for the first time in my life :sick: . My HS colors were blue/white/silver and I'm a BYU homer, so this is new territory for me. Feels wrong, even though the red Nebraska sweatshirt is borrowed from a co-worker.



Looking forward to being in a nationally renowned stadium.



Even though my hosts are NU alumni and my company is paying for the tix, I've been telling people I'll be cheering for the team with the "N" on their helment. I've been a Northwestern fan for a long time. I appreciate their high academic standards in a league that doesn't necessarily value that for their athletes. My undergrad decision came down to BYU vs Northwestern. Chalk one up for the Cougars!
S
SpiffCoug
Drill weekend with the National Guard. We did some paintballing today, but death by power point tomorrow.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.