Archived Topic

Sorry guys but . . . (more expansion stuff inside)

by jvquarterback · 11/3/2011

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
The Big12 may still need a number 10 team for next year and West Virginia maybe/probably isn't it according to a recent ESPN article.



Of course if Mizzou sticks around for next year it doesn't really matter. And in 2013 anything could happen. I stopped holding my breath a long time ago.
C
Cougs_Rule
What are you "holding" now? ;-) I might suggest some Exlax. IT aint gonna happen.
J
jonnylingo
BYU is NOT going to the big12. The big12 was interested. we had a chance but for whatever reason that door as nearly completely shut.



I just can't believe that the BIG would be pursuing the direction they are now with West Virginia if they planned to add byu down the road. They need someone for next year. BYU can provide that with ease. Instead they are filing lawsuits and strong arming missouri into staying.



I can only conclude that either BYU was unequivocal in their no we are not interested or the big12 was just seriously not interested. I believe it was the former. BYU wanted to stay Indy.
L
Lawboy
OR Perhaps BYU needs to stay Indy until after 2012, so end the WAC contract, and to see other deals end on their own. Schedule gets far less crowded after 2012 season, which means fewer deals to have to buy out.
Y
Y 4 Ever
If BYU ends up in a conference in the near-tp-midrange future, it will be the Big 12. This Big East talk is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. I can't see BYU hitching itself to that wagon.



I think BYU is Indy for the long run - with about a 10% chance the Big 12 comes calling.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Y 4 Ever wrote:
If BYU ends up in a conference in the near-tp-midrange future, it will be the Big 12. This Big East talk is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. I can't see BYU hitching itself to that wagon.



I think BYU is Indy for the long run - with about a 10% chance the Big 12 comes calling.


Depending on Sunday play and TV broadcast rights - The BigEAST aka The BEAST would work just fine for football only. And we might be able to compete some years. BSU is BSU. Houston and SMU are rising up. BYU is BYU. Too bad TCU ain't here to be TCU and U isn't there to get creamed by Y. Even without TCU and U, this western division tops MWC at the top and does not have the bottomless bottom the MWC sported. I.E. It does not have what kept MWC from getting AQ.



Home and Aways with Houston, SMU, BSU, AFA, sweet. Work in USU, U, and UH OOC and there are 4 interesting home games every year and 3 interesting road games or vice versa.



I would like to see the Beast add SDSU and UH, and possibly FSU, Nevada, and SJSU to provide interesting but winnable games to fill out the schedule.



Most of those ten games would be interesting. Work in a couple or three cross-divisional or OOC teams and the champ game with BC, or whomever - mostly interesting games. I would not require or count the cross-divisional games in Division Championship representative determination at all.



Eastern division is a bit weak, but someone will rise up and fill the vacuum.



National Conference - coast to coast to coast - Regional focus by division.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.