Archived Topic

Utah TCU games best thing to happen to Cougs

by Dwight · 11/2/2011

Advertisement
D
Dwight
BYU may be getting ready to embark on a winning streak. Two excruciating and needless losses will dictate this program's frame of mind well into next year. I suspect that neither the coaching staff, or players are going to have much tolerance for ineptitude or overconfidence. I predict physical punishment for mistake prone players. Good thing as next year brings some strong opponents.



Hawaii would normally be an oppoprtunity for mistakes to be made(based on history). So we will have a glimpse into next year at that game. :evil:



If I hear a player or coach announce that they are playing for a national championship during the off-season, I'm going to have to punch someone. :angry:



When all is said and done, I predict that at the end of next year we will look at this week as a turning point. Way too much talent and grit on this team tolerate any more mistakes. 8)
M
mizzoucoug
Unfortunately we said the same thing at the same time after the same game last season. I don't see any reason to believe that all of a sudden Bronco will lead us to early season victories against better than average teams. I see for a fact that we have the talent to do so, but if our coaches continue to treat every game the same then this season will continue be a normal one at BYU.
D
Dwight
Last year was rebuilding and youth. This year is totally needless, without excuse, and much more costly. Every coach and player knows in their heart that they should be looking at completing an undefeated season right now.
C
Cougs_Rule
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" has a word to decribe this situation: insanity.

Bronco is not going to change his M.O.

And neither are you. apprently you a either insane or incurably optimistic or in denial--which Bronco could also be suffering a little bit from.

That said, glad Bronco is here. But he is not, to use his words, coaching to the level that his players will compete for a NC. So at least you have that figured out better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
If the players and coaches let these losses continue to eat at them, a little, and refuse to accept this season as a "good" year, then you could be right.



If we win these final four games and the players and coaches think they fixed some problems, then we might just be hitting the "replay" button.



The 1996, 2001, and 2006 seasons were a result of the team harboring disappointment all offseason about the previous season.



2011 could have been like those years, but we had too much success at the end of 2010 and everyone thought great things would automatically happen.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Great points Y12. We'll see what the players bring. The coaches have a tendency to be too optimistic/in denial/take a day off "prepared"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dwight
dmcougar wrote:
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" has a word to decribe this situation: insanity.

Bronco is not going to change his M.O.

And neither are you. apprently you a either insane or incurably optimistic or in denial--which Bronco could also be suffering a little bit from.

That said, glad Bronco is here. But he is not, to use his words, coaching to the level that his players will compete for a NC. So at least you have that figured out better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Sorry,

Optimistic denial is just an addiction. It is the burden that I bear. My 12 step sponsor has been out of town and so I regressed. You filled in nicely. Great to be sober and realistic again. ;)
C
Cougarbib
Dwight wrote:
Last year was rebuilding and youth. This year is totally needless, without excuse, and much more costly. Every coach and player knows in their heart that they should be looking at completing an undefeated season right now.


This year is also rebuilding and youth. Sophomores instead of freshmen, but inexperience. Returning experience in this young team could have been leveraged better, but we fired several coaches, introduced new schemes, and hired very young and inexperienced coaches. It was a disaster waiting to happen. That is on our idealistic and naive head coach. Hopefully he is learning.



Instead of starting this season with 10 returning starters with a proven staff intact and a returning scheme and 2010 ending identity - we tried to reinvent everything with a very young team.



Texas couldn't even pull that off infusing talented and experienced coordinators.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Dwight wrote:
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" has a word to decribe this situation: insanity.

Bronco is not going to change his M.O.

And neither are you. apprently you a either insane or incurably optimistic or in denial--which Bronco could also be suffering a little bit from.

That said, glad Bronco is here. But he is not, to use his words, coaching to the level that his players will compete for a NC. So at least you have that figured out better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Sorry,

Optimistic denial is just an addiction. It is the burden that I bear. My 12 step sponsor has been out of town and so I regressed. You filled in nicely. Great to be sober and realistic again. ;)



:D You're a good Joe!
Y
Y 4 Ever
I'm sorry, but the most embarrassing loss in the history of BYU athletics cannot in any way, shape, or form be considered "the best thing to happen to Cougars", no matter how you spin it.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Dwight wrote:
BYU may be getting ready to embark on a winning streak. Two excruciating and needless losses will dictate this program's frame of mind well into next year. I suspect that neither the coaching staff, or players are going to have much tolerance for ineptitude or overconfidence. I predict physical punishment for mistake prone players. Good thing as next year brings some strong opponents.



Hawaii would normally be an oppoprtunity for mistakes to be made(based on history). So we will have a glimpse into next year at that game. :evil:



If I hear a player or coach announce that they are playing for a national championship during the off-season, I'm going to have to punch someone. :angry:



When all is said and done, I predict that at the end of next year we will look at this week as a turning point. Way too much talent and grit on this team tolerate any more mistakes. 8)


I think optimism is a lot better to read than all those pesimists.
C
cougman
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I'm sorry, but the most embarrassing loss in the history of BYU athletics cannot in any way, shape, or form be considered "the best thing to happen to Cougars", no matter how you spin it.


Wish Bronco would have said that and added that his team quit on him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.