Archived Topic

BYU AND TRICK PLAYS

by stgeorgefan · 10/30/2011

Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
Where in the crap are Byu's gadget plays????

When an offense is struggling to move the ball

To keep the defense guessing

To get a quick score

To get big yards fast...



I have seen a couple all year and wonder why there hasn't been more fake punts, FG's. Half back pass, flea flicker COME ON... The cougs could have used some big plays against TCU... I was yelling for a freakin fake punt or 4th down try after it was apparent that the punt team was razzled.

This team is so conservative in its play calls, approach, coaching... No wonder we keep losing against better teams. No risk no reward

Thoughts or explanations ??

??
C
Cougarbib
stgeorgefan wrote:
Where in the crap are Byu's gadget plays????

When an offense is struggling to move the ball

To keep the defense guessing

To get a quick score

To get big yards fast...



I have seen a couple all year and wonder why there hasn't been more fake punts, FG's. Half back pass, flea flicker COME ON... The cougs could have used some big plays against TCU... I was yelling for a freakin fake punt or 4th down try after it was apparent that the punt team was razzled.

This team is so conservative in its play calls, approach, coaching... No wonder we keep losing against better teams. No risk no reward

Thoughts or explanations ??

??


How bout another fake field goal?



BTW - the problem with this game was hardly due to being too conservative.



I think we luckily are about to return to "Riley is the Punter" mode. Maybe that was the problem with our punts - I think they took Riley off the punt team and the others lost confidence.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dwight
Can any of our running backs pass? I've been thinking that if Nelson passed off to someone in the backfield, a nice screen would be developed and then he would pass back to Nelson. Nelson has the speed and athletic ability to make that work well.
G
Gunk
This team shouldn't even think of running a "trick play" until they can consistently execute something as routine as a punt without any hitches.
Y
Y4LYFE
Take heed, and know that Idaho nearly beat Hawaii.



BYU will beat both of them and will not need trick plays. 10 wins is assured. I trick you not.
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
Y4LYFE wrote:
Take heed, and know that Idaho nearly beat Hawaii.



BYU will beat both of them and will not need trick plays. 10 wins is assured. I trick you not.


What a treat!
M
Mars


Always a BYU weakness. Another team quirk that I think is all on Bronco.
S
scott715
He is the anti-Crowton.
G
Guest
The last time Bronco tried to run a trick play he got an entirely new penalty made up on the spot against him.



Attempt to deceive the defense...



:roll:
S
scott715
Is that a sin?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Y4LYFE wrote:
Take heed, and know that Idaho nearly beat Hawaii.



BYU will beat both of them and will not need trick plays. 10 wins is assured. I trick you not.


Let me help you with the math. Iirc, we have 6 wins now. If we do win the next three(inside sources tell me all three intend to show up and try to win), that would be



6+3=9.



We could possibly be playing an undefeated Houston team in our Bowl game or So. Miss who is also ranked. Tulsa and SMU are as good as anyone we have beaten and UCF is likely below all of those.



Probably presumptuous to assume 10 wins. We may need to show up and hope we are competitive.



I guarantee 7 wins.

We have an 80% likelihood or better for 8 wins.

We are 50% or more likely to win 9.



We have an at best 33 1/3% shot to win 10.



1.0 X .8 X .6 X .4 = <.20



Being the optimist I am, I rounded up to 33 1/3.





[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
The last time Bronco tried to run a trick play he got an entirely new penalty made up on the spot against him.



Attempt to deceive the defense...



:roll:


that was awesome :lol: :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.