M
MarsEarly at UNLV, Anae called for a run on 3rd and 10 near the redzone. BYU gained 3 yards. We kicked a field goal. It was one of my only frustration's that game.
Against SDSU, Anae called for another 3rd and long run. It didn't work then either.
So why should the 3rd and long run play have surprised TCU? It didn't. Of course, add it to the list of things that didn't work against the Horned Frogs (Kind of like how punting the ball away one 4th and 2 from the 50-yard line didn't keep TCU from driving for another touchdown).
So am I wrong to say that "don't run on 3rd and long" is a pretty simple "Football 101" rule? I get that you may want to pull it out of the bag once in a long while, to keep things fresh, mix it up. But three games in a row? I mean, you could at least try a high-risk high-reward run, like a reverse to J.J., but up the gut? Really!?
Again, maybe I'm just an ignorant football fan with a low IQ. I also think interceptions aren't well executed passes, so forgive me for my lack of understanding...

