Archived Topic

Exposure

by NorCal · 10/29/2011

Advertisement
N
NorCal
Well, we wanted "exposure" and we have now officially been fully "exposed" this year. I think the problem with byu fans (myself included) is that we think we are better than we actually are. Its pretty much the same thing every year. We lose to the top 25 teams, beat the mid level teams in a close game, and wipe out the lower tiered teams. Every 3-4 years we may beat a top 10 team at the beginning of the season.....but we all know how accurate early season rankings are. Lets face it. We are Boston College, Virginia, Purdue, Kansas State, Arizona, Texas Tech. We are good, not great. Is it recruiting, coaching, honor code, conference alignment, Administration, or a combination of all of this? Who knows. The fact is that there are 119 other teams in college football whose only mission is to win games. I think that lands #5 on the list of our players. Our team has shortened practices to get home to their families, we actually make our players go to class and study, and then on Friday night when all of the other teams are preparing for games the next day, or players are off to a fireside. I know all of these things are important, but I just don't know if our team results will ever meet our expectations. Maybe we should just be thankful we have been this successful with football being so low on our teams priority list.
F
frdbtr
NorCal wrote:
Well, we wanted "exposure" and we have now officially been fully "exposed" this year. I think the problem with byu fans (myself included) is that we think we are better than we actually are. Its pretty much the same thing every year. We lose to the top 25 teams, beat the mid level teams in a close game, and wipe out the lower tiered teams. Every 3-4 years we may beat a top 10 team at the beginning of the season.....but we all know how accurate early season rankings are. Lets face it. We are Boston College, Virginia, Purdue, Kansas State, Arizona, Texas Tech. We are good, not great. Is it recruiting, coaching, honor code, conference alignment, Administration, or a combination of all of this? Who knows. The fact is that there are 119 other teams in college football whose only mission is to win games. I think that lands #5 on the list of our players. Our team has shortened practices to get home to their families, we actually make our players go to class and study, and then on Friday night when all of the other teams are preparing for games the next day, or players are off to a fireside. I know all of these things are important, but I just don't know if our team results will ever meet our expectations. Maybe we should just be thankful we have been this successful with football being so low on our teams priority list.


:sick: I am so sick of this coming up every freaking time BYU loses a game. Winning is not the number 5 priorty of Bronco or anyone else on the team. Winning is the #1 priority. If Bronco doesn't win he loses his job and can't provide for his family. Having family and faith as the number 1 priority in our lives is just exactly what the 1st presidency preaches at every general conference. So why wouldn't BYU preach that to its players. Bronco is completely dedicated to getting wins.
K
kfilly20
This is why I'm leaning towards stay independent. We go to the big 12 we are a very very average team. 7-5 most years with a few 9-3 years mixed in. We basically have no shot at a BCS game if we go to the big 12. With some good scheduling and some good luck we have a chance as an independent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NorCal
:sick: I am so sick of this coming up every freaking time BYU loses a game. Winning is not the number 5 priorty of Bronco or anyone else on the team. Winning is the #1 priority. If Bronco doesn't win he loses his job and can't provide for his family. Having family and faith as the number 1 priority in our lives is just exactly what the 1st presidency preaches at every general conference. So why wouldn't BYU preach that to its players. Bronco is completely dedicated to getting wins.[/quote]





You contradict yourself within 2 sentences. Winning is their #1 priority.....then family and faith is and should be their #1 priority. I am not arguing that family and faith shouldn't be #1, or that Bronco and our players don't want to win...it is that these "other" things may be an impedement to winning football games. Make no mistake, winning football games is not the #1 priority of Bronco or BYU. Nor should it be.
S
Schmoe
I don't remember seeing "winning" anywhere on Bronco's priority list.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.