Archived Topic

Intended receivers on the 2 INTs?

by SpiffCoug · 10/29/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm trying to calculate the RER for this week. BYUtv doesn't have the game loaded yet, so I can't go back and watch. Who were the two receivers on the interceptions?



I want to say the receiver on the endzone INT was Matthews (who I thought got hit before the ball got there and there should have been a PI).



I don't remember who the receiver was on the deep INT around mid-field. I think it was Hoffman, but not sure.



Anyone remember?
L
Lawboy
Was Apo. But Riley underthrew it, and safety got over.
N
NebraskaCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm trying to calculate the RER for this week. BYUtv doesn't have the game loaded yet, so I can't go back and watch. Who were the two receivers on the interceptions?



I want to say the receiver on the endzone INT was Matthews (who I thought got hit before the ball got there and there should have been a PI).



I don't remember who the receiver was on the deep INT around mid-field. I think it was Hoffman, but not sure.



Anyone remember?



I believe the receiver in the endzone who was hit early in the small of the back to keep him from elevating sufficiently (egregious no call!) was Holt. I believe he wasalso the one who didn't cover the lateral that Riley threw while being sacked. His momentum appeared to be carrying him away from the ball and he wasn't able to recover fast enough to beat the defender. The underthrown ball in the middle of the field was to Apo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, Holt really should have jumped on that lateral to him. Even if he was sure it was an incompletion, just jump on it anyways.
B
Brayden Green
I think the receiver was Matthews in the endzone.
Advertisement
G
Guest
There's no way the hit on the receiver in the endzone wasn't PI. We were abused all game long with PI and helmet to helmet hits with no calls. It was pathetic.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
There's no way the hit on the receiver in the endzone wasn't PI. We were abused all game long with PI and helmet to helmet hits with no calls. It was pathetic.


I will 2nd that! I know blaming refs is absolutely futile, but.....



Uale's targeting was a pathetic game changing call! I was admittedly a little miffed at Bronco too. Standing there and saying "no way, no way." I love his character, but that is a subjective call and can be reversed/waved off by officials with some evidence provided by whomever. Bronco should have been yelling and on the field saying what he saw--what we saw " he didnt leave his feet, he hit full body and not helmet first, etc, etc."

Patterson had his D totally harrassing us all night--as though it were the norm and "forcing" the refs to start calling stuff and they didnt.



did you love the announcer in the second half say, their DB "did a good job of not getting caught."????--after he had totally grabbed and held.

the targeting call totally sickened me. We stop that clock killing drive and 3 points, iirc. and get the ball with momentum.
B
BroncoBot
dmcougar wrote:
There's no way the hit on the receiver in the endzone wasn't PI. We were abused all game long with PI and helmet to helmet hits with no calls. It was pathetic.


I will 2nd that! I know blaming refs is absolutely futile, but.....



Uale's targeting was a pathetic game changing call! I was admittedly a little miffed at Bronco too. Standing there and saying "no way, no way." I love his character, but that is a subjective call and can be reversed/waved off by officials with some evidence provided by whomever. Bronco should have been yelling and on the field saying what he saw--what we saw " he didnt leave his feet, he hit full body and not helmet first, etc, etc."

Patterson had his D totally harrassing us all night--as though it were the norm and "forcing" the refs to start calling stuff and they didnt.



did you love the announcer in the second half say, their DB "did a good job of not getting caught."????--after he had totally grabbed and held.

the targeting call totally sickened me. We stop that clock killing drive and 3 points, iirc. and get the ball with momentum.

Totally agree with both of you. TCU's D did a fantastic job of not getting caught. Funny that when the game was basically out of reach the zebras starting making calls (against TCU) that had happened all game.
N
NebraskaCoug
I said it in another post, and I also am not blaming the officials for the loss, but I think a major disadvantage of being independent is not ever having any officials on YOUR side. No one is completely unbiased, and in several games this year, even home games, I have watched BYU get homered by the refs on certain calls.
G
golong
I didn't know BYU ever had the refs on their side. I certainly never felt like MWC officials "protected" BYU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.