Archived Topic

Typical BYU chocking...

by BigCougsFan · 10/29/2011

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
I'm glad the World Series is on. I'm not watching this junk tonight.
B
BroncoBot
just have to laugh it off. Turning into a good ole butt whoopin. Why did BYU agree to play in Texas?
D
Dcr36
At least we've shaken it off this year. Still not looking great, but we've made it a ball game so far.
B
BigCougsFan
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
H
HoosierCougar
BigCougsFan wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Completely unacceptable.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gucci33
Our coaches look more lost then the players!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
DarthMagnus
this is pretty much what I expected. If it isn't the defense giving up big plays, its the qb throwing stupid interceptions or people not securing the ball or special teams botching the field position battle, or the coaches having "mis communications". It has been a LONG time since BYU has put together a complete game against a legitimate team. Fans get so excited when we rack up the wins against the Utah St.'s and Uteps of the world and supplement that with wins against big name teams that are having down years. But the reality is that our record against ranked opponents is terrible (and even more terrible against opponents who finish the year ranked). I used to be as guilty as anyone of having undeservedly high expectations for the football team, but lately, I've kind of come to realize that BYU football might only be able to compete against the national elite once every decade or so--maybe less. It seriously takes a Jimmer-like player or group of players and the chips just don't fall that way very often.
C
cougarsunited
I want to puke... I am sitting here again at 4:00 in the morning in Germany watching the continuation of a horrible football season. Down by 18 at the half... I pay 27 Euro a month for my ESPN player for WHAT?
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?
B
BigCougsFan
Schmoe wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?


That comment was at the end of the first half. Where we didn't do a thing, but brought our field goal team out with 10 seconds and ticking. Not enough time to get set.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
BigCougsFan wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?


That comment was at the end of the first half. Where we didn't do a thing, but brought our field goal team out with 10 seconds and ticking. Not enough time to get set.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game.
B
BigCougsFan
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?


That comment was at the end of the first half. Where we didn't do a thing, but brought our field goal team out with 10 seconds and ticking. Not enough time to get set.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game.


Recommend it all you want. It won't work on my phone.
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
BigCougsFan wrote:
BigCougsFan wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?


That comment was at the end of the first half. Where we didn't do a thing, but brought our field goal team out with 10 seconds and ticking. Not enough time to get set.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game.


Recommend it all you want. It won't work on my phone.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. :D ;)
B
BigCougsFan
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Out coaches are inept. Let me guess... "Communication error".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Really? We had more yards both through the air and on the ground, we stopped TCU when they had a long field, we had longer time of possession, and if the players (Riley and Riley) would have brought their heads with them, we win the game. How, exactly, did the coaches fail us?


That comment was at the end of the first half. Where we didn't do a thing, but brought our field goal team out with 10 seconds and ticking. Not enough time to get set.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game.


Recommend it all you want. It won't work on my phone.


I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. I recommend using the in-game chat during the game. :D ;)


:bug: Hey... Do you recommend using the in-game chat??? :skeptic:



I'll have to see if that works on my phone :sick:
V
vancouvercougar
What is BYU chocking? Does this refer to the chock lines on the field?
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
vancouvercougar wrote:
What is BYU chocking? Does this refer to the chock lines on the field?


To chock is to put a block or wedge under something else to prevent it from moving.



http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chocking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
V
vancouvercougar
mormonrasta wrote:
What is BYU chocking? Does this refer to the chock lines on the field?


To chock is to put a block or wedge under something else to prevent it from moving.



http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chocking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Are you saying that our turnovers chocked our offense?
M
mormonrasta
vancouvercougar wrote:
vancouvercougar wrote:
What is BYU chocking? Does this refer to the chock lines on the field?


To chock is to put a block or wedge under something else to prevent it from moving.



http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chocking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Are you saying that our turnovers chocked our offense?


Yep. It was all chocked up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.