Archived Topic

DirecTV -- Contact to get BYU TV in HD

by Cougarfan87 · 10/28/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
If you have DirecTV, please contact them so that you can watch the games on BYUTV in HD.

Here's what I sent:

"I currently subscribe and have been with DirecTV for about three years. I ordered directv so that I could watch BYU sports (at the time the MTN). Now that BYU has left the MTN, BYU's games are all on ESPN or BYUtv. ESPN's games are all in HD and I wanted to know when Direc TV will start carrying BYUtv in HD. I know BYU sports is broadcast in HD on BYUtv, but is not being carried by DirecTV in HD. Being able to watch BYU sports in a viewer friendly format (HD) pretty much influences who I purchase my television services from. Please let me know if DirecTV has any plans to broadcast BYUtv in HD so that I can make an informed consumer decision.



Thank you for your attention in this matter."



I sent my response to http://support.directv.com/app/ask



Here was the response I got.



Thanks for taking the time to write us. I see that you have been a loyal DIRECTV customer for many years. I would like to personally assure you that your feedback about BYU TV is very important to us. While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience. We value your opinions about our programming, so I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management, who review every suggestion, inquiry and complaint for trends from our most important customers to determine what channels should be considered. While we cannot follow up individually to each customer, be assured that your feedback is important to us and we make changes based on viewer comments like yours .
S
SpiffCoug
I got that same email five years ago when dealing with the Mountain.
G
Guest
Great! I've been with DirecTV for 9 years. I hope they value my comments too.
C
Cougarfan87
SpiffCoug wrote:
I got that same email five years ago when dealing with the Mountain.


I understand, but this one should be a little easier. The MTN wasn't being broadcast in HD then, was it?
N
NorCal
Its not going to happen for a while. BYU TV has very limited content in HD. Basically just some of the sporting events. Unless they start shooting all of those "quilting shows" in HD.....we are stuck with blurry sports.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
NorCal wrote:
Its not going to happen for a while. BYU TV has very limited content in HD. Basically just some of the sporting events. Unless they start shooting all of those "quilting shows" in HD.....we are stuck with blurry sports.


Sounds like we need to write two emails. One to Directv and another to BYUtv requesting they show their quilting programs in HD. Shouldn't be too hard. My smartphone shoots in HD.
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
Its not going to happen for a while. BYU TV has very limited content in HD. Basically just some of the sporting events. Unless they start shooting all of those "quilting shows" in HD.....we are stuck with blurry sports.


Sounds like we need to write two emails. One to Directv and another to BYUtv requesting they show their quilting programs in HD. Shouldn't be too hard. My smartphone shoots in HD.

DOn't forget "American Ride" and Women's Conference
C
CougarClaw
Gunk wrote:
Its not going to happen for a while. BYU TV has very limited content in HD. Basically just some of the sporting events. Unless they start shooting all of those "quilting shows" in HD.....we are stuck with blurry sports.


Sounds like we need to write two emails. One to Directv and another to BYUtv requesting they show their quilting programs in HD. Shouldn't be too hard. My smartphone shoots in HD.


there might be room for you in the BYU broadcasting truck.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.