Archived Topic

BYU to Big East?

by EM_Puma · 10/27/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705393220/Blue-roundup-Could-BYU-be-headed-to-Big-East.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I can't wait until the day when we're finally back to some kind of status quo and and not carried to and fro from every rumor.



I don't know what I think about the idea. The conference really lacks any real stong components. I'd rather do a FB only in the Big 12 and unless we have TV rights to cover our games not picked up by the conference, then it's a definite and emphatic "NO". I just don't see this flying with the other BCS schools and if we don't get BCS recognition renewed, then we're no better off.
C
CougarClaw
Dnews wrote:
According to the Globe, the western part of the Big East, if BYU is included, would be made up of BYU, Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU and Cincinnati. The Eastern division would be comprised of Connecticut, Rutgers, Central Florida, South Florida, West Virginia or Louisville and Navy.


Boise St. is no cupcake, but Kellen Moore graduates this year and they'd be the biggest competition



This looks like the easiest BCS path ever. but that's the rub isn't it. That's assuming the Big Least deserves it's BCS access which I'm not sure it does. hard to join a conference with that up in the air.



And let's see. Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Texas and Ohio. Together in a conference at last.



and can we change the name? PLEASE?
Y
Y 4 Ever
Zzzzz Zzzzz



wake me up when all of this crap is over.
M
Mingjai
Dnews wrote:
According to the Globe, the western part of the Big East, if BYU is included, would be made up of BYU, Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU and Cincinnati. The Eastern division would be comprised of Connecticut, Rutgers, Central Florida, South Florida, West Virginia or Louisville and Navy.


That's great until Louisville (or WVU) and Cincinnati leave for the Big 12 and UConn and Rutgers leave for the ACC to replace, e.g., VTech, Florida State, or any other potential SEC target. Then you end up with something like this, which doesn't seem more attractive than independence.



East

East Carolina

Memphis

Navy

Southern Miss

UCF

USF



West

Air Force

Boise State

BYU

Houston

SDSU

SMU
G
Guest
I would seriously consider it if our agreement included an option to leave the conference with no penalties in the case that it loses its BCS status.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Mingjai wrote:
According to the Globe, the western part of the Big East, if BYU is included, would be made up of BYU, Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU and Cincinnati. The Eastern division would be comprised of Connecticut, Rutgers, Central Florida, South Florida, West Virginia or Louisville and Navy.


That's great until Louisville (or WVU) and Cincinnati leave for the Big 12 and UConn and Rutgers leave for the ACC to replace, e.g., VTech, Florida State, or any other potential SEC target. Then you end up with something like this, which doesn't seem more attractive than independence.



East

East Carolina

Memphis

Navy

Southern Miss

UCF

USF



West

Air Force

Boise State

BYU

Houston

SDSU

SMU


The minute this all happened, Notre Dame would be out the door for BB, even with the remaining BE teams. I still like ND other sports going to B12 and BYU FB to B12.
I
Isola
Please say this never happens.



I'd take independence every day of the week. We have a really good setup.
S
stuckinbig10country
hawkwing wrote:
I would seriously consider it if our agreement included an option to leave the conference with no penalties in the case that it loses its BCS status.


I agree with this statement. Right now, just based on access to BCS money, bowls, etc, Big East > Indy, but not by much. Whereas Big XII >>>>>>>>>>>>Indy. Scheduling as Indy might be equal, and possibly slightly better, to a Big East schedule.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.