Archived Topic

Same Old Jake Heaps

by Y12 · 10/26/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y12
The Jake Heaps who played against Idaho State was the same Jake Heaps who played games 1-5.



http://www.bluecougarfootball.com/2011/10/same-old-jake-heaps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Note: This is not an attempt to bash Heaps, but to honestly evaluate how he played Saturday vs. before being benched.
C
CougarClaw
I think Heaps should be switched to safety to fill nelson's ghost spot.
C
Cougs_Rule
lol. how about our china doll WR group, save Cody.
Y
Y12
CougarClaw wrote:
I think Heaps should be switched to safety to fill nelson's ghost spot.


You hit the nail on the head. Heaps already has switched. That is why his QB play has dropped so significantly. He was going both ways. I thought there was something funny about seeing the #9 jersey when BYU is on defense.
G
Gunk
Y12 wrote:
I think Heaps should be switched to safety to fill nelson's ghost spot.


You hit the nail on the head. Heaps already has switched. That is why his QB play has dropped so significantly. He was going both ways. I thought there was something funny about seeing the #9 jersey when BYU is on defense.


I noticed that too, but forgot all about it.



Why do we have two #9's?
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Gunk wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
I think Heaps should be switched to safety to fill nelson's ghost spot.


You hit the nail on the head. Heaps already has switched. That is why his QB play has dropped so significantly. He was going both ways. I thought there was something funny about seeing the #9 jersey when BYU is on defense.


I noticed that too, but forgot all about it.



Why do we have two #9's?


As long as both #9s are not on the field at the same time, it isn't an issue. It is actually pretty common for players on the team to have the same numbers--as long as one exclusively plays offense and the other defense.
B
blue42
Gunk wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
I think Heaps should be switched to safety to fill nelson's ghost spot.


You hit the nail on the head. Heaps already has switched. That is why his QB play has dropped so significantly. He was going both ways. I thought there was something funny about seeing the #9 jersey when BYU is on defense.


I noticed that too, but forgot all about it.



Why do we have two #9's?


This certainly caused confusion to the old couple sitting behind me and the old guys sitting in front of me. When Sorensen got the pick 6 the old folks where saying its was Heaps redeeming himself from his earlier interception.
T
trueblue72
I personally don't like the double numbers. I remember a couple of years back, I think it was Jahvid Best for Cal, he was on kickoff team with a member of the defense that had same number. So before the kickoff, the trainers would hurry pull a different jersey on him, it had no name across the back and then he'd sprint down, cover the kick, come off the field and they'd hurry and pull it off of him. It's not a big deal and I certainly don't confuse Jake Heaps for Daniel Sorenson, but I just don't like the double number deal.



Not to derail the thread, but I noticed against Oregon State Riley was still in on punt coverage, was he last week? I didn't see the whole game.
Y
Y 4 Ever
trueblue72 wrote:

Not to derail the thread, but I noticed against Oregon State Riley was still in on punt coverage, was he last week? I didn't see the whole game.


I don't think so. I think that he is only in there on the fake punt / switch punt play. And I'd be surprised if he's still even on the punt coverage team. Matt Marshall can fill that spot nicely I'm sure.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.