Archived Topic

Oops - 0h- I mean Louisville to Big 12

by Cougarbib · 10/26/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
This has gotten beyond rediculous



http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32948814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The done deal supposedly ain't done. Not just because Missouri hasn't done anything yet - starting to hate those guys for keeping the entire country up in arms for their little parade before their big fade back to relative irrelevance.



But now a snag and it is supposed to be Louisville going.



It ain't over. Could be Cinci tomorrow - or Mo staying. Embarrassing saga for all concerned and Mo is the reason this has dragged out.
I
IowaCougar
Cougarbib2 wrote:
This has gotten beyond rediculous



http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32948814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The done deal supposedly ain't done. NOt just becasue Missouri hasn't done anything yet - starting to hat ethose guys for keeping the entire country up in arms for thierlittle parade before their big fade back to relative irrelevance.



Butnow a snag and it is supposed ot be Louisville going.



It ain't over. Could be Cnci tomorrow - or Mo staying. Embarrassing saga for all concerned and Mo is the reason this has dragged out.


Interesting that no one mentions BYU even in the comments section.



By the way - are you typing with your elbows? :roll:
F
frdbtr
Lawboy wrote:
Did you hear about the great ratings numbers that the BYU-OSU game pulled on KBYU in Utah, and how well that BYUtv/Fox joint broadcast worked out, and how pleased Fox execs were? ESPN consulted. Yeah, so did I. Read it here:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700191203/BYU-football-Scattershooting-from-Big-12-meetings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I read stuff like that and I just wonder what in all holy hell could possibly be the hold up here. It was widely publicized that our game against OU back in 2009 was a barn burner for the ratings too. Does religious bigotry (no sunday play) really keep these commissioners from seeing the cash cow that BYU is, or do they think these consistant TV ratings are just a fluke that keeps happening over and over.
Y
Y 4 Ever
frdbtr wrote:
Did you hear about the great ratings numbers that the BYU-OSU game pulled on KBYU in Utah, and how well that BYUtv/Fox joint broadcast worked out, and how pleased Fox execs were? ESPN consulted. Yeah, so did I. Read it here:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700191203/BYU-football-Scattershooting-from-Big-12-meetings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I read stuff like that and I just wonder what in all holy hell could possibly be the hold up here. It was widely publicized that our game against OU back in 2009 was a barn burner for the ratings too. Does religious bigotry (no sunday play) really keep these commissioners from seeing the cash cow that BYU is, or do they think these consistant TV ratings are just a fluke that keeps happening over and over.


FWIW, an aversion to "no sunday play" does NOT = religious bigotry. Big difference there.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Key point regarding the BYU vs OSU broadcast:





For the BYU/OSU game where BYU partnered with the Pac-12 and Fox, it received a very high rating in Utah and was the second-most watched TV program over the weekend behind the Cowboys-Patriots NFL game. I will be curious about how the ratings will be for the Friday night game with TCU. Bottom line, the Y is showing that it has very strong viewership across the country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nogbody
byucougar1 wrote:
Key point regarding the BYU vs OSU broadcast:





For the BYU/OSU game where BYU partnered with the Pac-12 and Fox, it received a very high rating in Utah and was the second-most watched TV program over the weekend behind the Cowboys-Patriots NFL game. I will be curious about how the ratings will be for the Friday night game with TCU. Bottom line, the Y is showing that it has very strong viewership across the country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




So when they say it was the second most watched... is that in the country or Utah???... Everything I've read has been vague.. More people watched this then the World Series? or other NFL/college games... If so that's impressive, especially being on a tier 2 hard to find channel.



Go Cougs.
C
Cougarbib
IowaCougar wrote:
This has gotten beyond rediculous



http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/32948814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The done deal supposedly ain't done. Not just because Missouri hasn't done anything yet - starting to hate those guys for keeping the entire country up in arms for their little parade before their big fade back to relative irrelevance.



But now a snag and it is supposed to be Louisville going.



It ain't over. Could be Cinci tomorrow - or Mo staying. Embarrassing saga for all concerned and Mo is the reason this has dragged out.


Interesting that no one mentions BYU even in the comments section.



By the way - are you typing with your elbows? :roll:


Yes re the elbows on the iPhone touch screen at 6:00AM Hawaii time with one eye still closed and the other one barely open a crack. Apologies.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
Did you hear about the great ratings numbers that the BYU-OSU game pulled on KBYU in Utah, and how well that BYUtv/Fox joint broadcast worked out, and how pleased Fox execs were? ESPN consulted. Yeah, so did I. Read it here:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700191203/BYU-football-Scattershooting-from-Big-12-meetings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I read stuff like that and I just wonder what in all holy hell could possibly be the hold up here. It was widely publicized that our game against OU back in 2009 was a barn burner for the ratings too. Does religious bigotry (no sunday play) really keep these commissioners from seeing the cash cow that BYU is, or do they think these consistant TV ratings are just a fluke that keeps happening over and over.


FWIW, an aversion to "no sunday play" does NOT = religious bigotry. Big difference there.




True but it can be a defendable excuse given as a reason to avoid giving the real reason which just might be religious bigotry.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
Cougarbib2 wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Did you hear about the great ratings numbers that the BYU-OSU game pulled on KBYU in Utah, and how well that BYUtv/Fox joint broadcast worked out, and how pleased Fox execs were? ESPN consulted. Yeah, so did I. Read it here:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700191203/BYU-football-Scattershooting-from-Big-12-meetings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I read stuff like that and I just wonder what in all holy hell could possibly be the hold up here. It was widely publicized that our game against OU back in 2009 was a barn burner for the ratings too. Does religious bigotry (no sunday play) really keep these commissioners from seeing the cash cow that BYU is, or do they think these consistant TV ratings are just a fluke that keeps happening over and over.


FWIW, an aversion to "no sunday play" does NOT = religious bigotry. Big difference there.




True but it can be a defendable excuse given as a reason to avoid giving the real reason which just might be religious bigotry.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bit of a stretch there IMO. I agree 100% that religious bigotry kept BYU out of the Pac...and MIGHT keep BYU out of the Big 12 (although I think it has more to do with other factors). But being hesitant about no Sunday play has nothing to do with religious bigotry.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
nogbody wrote:
Key point regarding the BYU vs OSU broadcast:





For the BYU/OSU game where BYU partnered with the Pac-12 and Fox, it received a very high rating in Utah and was the second-most watched TV program over the weekend behind the Cowboys-Patriots NFL game. I will be curious about how the ratings will be for the Friday night game with TCU. Bottom line, the Y is showing that it has very strong viewership across the country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




So when they say it was the second most watched... is that in the country or Utah???... Everything I've read has been vague.. More people watched this then the World Series? or other NFL/college games... If so that's impressive, especially being on a tier 2 hard to find channel.



Go Cougs.


I would bet that is a Utah-only number. I have hard time believing that more than 9% (the world series Sunday game figure) of the US households watched BYU v. Idaho State.
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:
byucougar1 wrote:
Key point regarding the BYU vs OSU broadcast:





For the BYU/OSU game where BYU partnered with the Pac-12 and Fox, it received a very high rating in Utah and was the second-most watched TV program over the weekend behind the Cowboys-Patriots NFL game. I will be curious about how the ratings will be for the Friday night game with TCU. Bottom line, the Y is showing that it has very strong viewership across the country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




So when they say it was the second most watched... is that in the country or Utah???... Everything I've read has been vague.. More people watched this then the World Series? or other NFL/college games... If so that's impressive, especially being on a tier 2 hard to find channel.



Go Cougs.


I would bet that is a Utah-only number. I have hard time believing that more than 9% (the world series Sunday game figure) of the US households watched BYU v. Idaho State.


We were talking about the Oregon state game which was played on Fox nationally and KBYU in utah.
F
frdbtr
As far as religious bigotry, when you dominate the ratings on ESPN and FOX on a consistant basis, if a conference says "we don't want BYU because they don't play on Sunday" that is such a BS excuse that I can come to no other conclusion that the real reason no one wants the cash cow is due to religious bigotry.
B
BYUROCKS
Got a link to that info I find it hard to believe the BYU vs OSU got the 2nd highest viewers of anything all weekend long.
L
Lawboy
BYUROCKS wrote:
Got a link to that info I find it hard to believe the BYU vs OSU got the 2nd highest viewers of anything all weekend long.


In the SLC market. Not nationally. SLC market only. Still, pretty strong showing.
Advertisement
S
StatsCougar
BYUROCKS wrote:
Got a link to that info I find it hard to believe the BYU vs OSU got the 2nd highest viewers of anything all weekend long.


DeseretNews today. The link is posted elsewhere on the site, and I'm too lazy to look for it.
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
nogbody wrote:
Key point regarding the BYU vs OSU broadcast:





For the BYU/OSU game where BYU partnered with the Pac-12 and Fox, it received a very high rating in Utah and was the second-most watched TV program over the weekend behind the Cowboys-Patriots NFL game. I will be curious about how the ratings will be for the Friday night game with TCU. Bottom line, the Y is showing that it has very strong viewership across the country.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




So when they say it was the second most watched... is that in the country or Utah???... Everything I've read has been vague.. More people watched this then the World Series? or other NFL/college games... If so that's impressive, especially being on a tier 2 hard to find channel.



Go Cougs.


I would bet that is a Utah-only number. I have hard time believing that more than 9% (the world series Sunday game figure) of the US households watched BYU v. Idaho State.


We were talking about the Oregon state game which was played on Fox nationally and KBYU in utah.


Fox was only a regional carrier (Fox Pacific) for that game, and KBYU was Utah only, so the likelihood of that one being #2 nationally is even less-likely.
S
scott715
And I would have watched it on Fox if we had it. Watched the replay instead. they should count those ratings too.
M
Mingjai
snoscythe wrote:
Fox was only a regional carrier (Fox Pacific) for that game, and KBYU was Utah only, so the likelihood of that one being #2 nationally is even less-likely.


I know didn't play on FSN in Chicago. We probably had some Big XII game involving Iowa State or Kansas instead.



EDIT: Nevermind, it was Western Michigan at Northern Illinois.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.