Archived Topic

Why don't we just take a FB only offer and be done with it?

by Bluma · 10/26/2011

Advertisement
B
Bluma
Sure it would be nice to play Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma in basketball, but if football-only is the best offer, take it. We can still play in a decent non-football league against Santa Clara, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, etc. Sure it's not Big XII, but there is easier national tournament access. Football has no tournament, and the only real way to win a national title is to be in a power league. Big XII is our best bet in that regard. As far as fans go, we have more fans in WCC territory than Big XII territory. We could augment their attendance with local fans, and have more of a home game feel each game. I think football only is a win-win considering our situation.
S
SpiffCoug
I think BYU has proposed this and it was shot down. No inside info, just an opinion. I think if BYU had it's druthers, they'd prefer to make it a football only agreement.
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think BYU has proposed this and it was shot down. No inside info, just an opinion. I think if BYU had it's druthers, they'd prefer to make it a football only agreement.

I disagree. I think that byu wants all sports in. And maybe b12 wanted fb only and byu told them no.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dcr36
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I think BYU has proposed this and it was shot down. No inside info, just an opinion. I think if BYU had it's druthers, they'd prefer to make it a football only agreement.

I disagree. I think that byu wants all sports in. And maybe b12 wanted fb only and byu told them no.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


These two posts are a perfect encapsulation of how little we actually know.
L
LamarAlexander#2
The Big 12 needs fully-invested members. Everyone already has one foot out of the door. See Mizzou. The other north schools were angling for a Big East invite. UO was flirting with the PAC. Tech fans are campaigning for a PAC invite, even without UT.



I doubt that a BYU with 1 foot in the WCC is attractive to them.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I don't know that the Big XII wants BYU in football badly enough to put up with the logistical headaches that come with 9 or 11 team conferences in scheduling every other sport outside of football and creates quirky tournament set ups.
S
Schmoe
How about BYU as football only, and ND as all other sports but not football?
M
Mars


I'll say it here too: I freak about BYU missing out on the Big XII, all-sports. But I think Indy beats football-only, and I think Indy beats the Big east.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
How about BYU as football only, and ND as all other sports but not football?


Brilliant! Ha-ha-ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mongo like.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.