Archived Topic

Special uni's

by trueblue72 · 10/25/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
It seems in recent years that games played in this kind of setting both teams wear a special uni. Anyone know if this is going to happen? Maybe blue helmets with a white y, or royal blue uni's. I'd like to see something different just to see what they come up with.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I'd love coaches to circle one game for the royal blue uni's. They don't have to tell the team they've circled a date/game. But I like the idea of making one game extra special
W
Wickchad
How about bring back the bibs? That probably would look really good with the band of brothers t-shirt poking out from underneath it...
A
ABYUFAN
Wickchad84087 wrote:
How about bring back the bibs? That probably would look really good with the band of brothers t-shirt poking out from underneath it...
I know you're being TIC, but the Bibs are the exact opposite of the grey t-shirt statement. The grey undershirt is old school, tradition, not some "newfangled" prissy look. If the grey undershirt bothers you too much, there are plenty of other teams out there who don’t wear them. Guys in my generation don’t complain too much about clothes, and never complain about a grey undershirt.
T
trueblue72
I like the old days when guys didn't care about having all the fashionable skinny sweat bands and perfectly maintained unis. They were just out there to play and try to kill someone. I like the ideas of different unis more in the sense of a throwback uni, but as far not looking good because they have gray shirts hanging out, who cares I care if the play looks nice.



I think a blue helmet with a white Y like in the tommy hudspeth (I think it was him) days. I think an even more retro than just the royal blues would he cool. How about the tear away jersey's from the eighties ; )



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
ABYUFAN wrote:
How about bring back the bibs? That probably would look really good with the band of brothers t-shirt poking out from underneath it...
I know you're being TIC, but the Bibs are the exact opposite of the grey t-shirt statement. The grey undershirt is old school, tradition, not some "newfangled" prissy look. If the grey undershirt bothers you too much, there are plenty of other teams out there who don’t wear them. Guys in my generation don’t complain too much about clothes, and never complain about a grey undershirt.


This is old school:
1.gif

This is embarrassing:
2.gif
A
ABYUFAN
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Wickchad84087 wrote:
How about bring back the bibs? That probably would look really good with the band of brothers t-shirt poking out from underneath it...
I know you're being TIC, but the Bibs are the exact opposite of the grey t-shirt statement. The grey undershirt is old school, tradition, not some "newfangled" prissy look. If the grey undershirt bothers you too much, there are plenty of other teams out there who don’t wear them. Guys in my generation don’t complain too much about clothes, and never complain about a grey undershirt.


This is old school:
1.gif

This is embarrassing:
2.gif

Metrosexual
T
trueblue72
No, old school like jack lambert. Not an old school design portrayed by metrosexuals as ABYUFAN put it. Mean guys like randy Brock back in The early nineties didn't wear all that crap. They played hard and if their unis didn't look perfect it was okay.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'd love coaches to circle one game for the royal blue uni's. They don't have to tell the team they've circled a date/game. But I like the idea of making one game extra special


This would be OK, but I'd rather have the Royal Blue unis for every game...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.