Archived Topic

Armed Forces Bowl, done deal?

by nogbody · 10/24/2011

Advertisement
N
nogbody
So it seems a little unique at this point in the year that we already have a good idea of what bowl we will be selected to play in... My question. Is this pretty much a done deal? Just wondering if i should go ahead and buy tickets, or if theres a chance someone else would pick BYU up... Surely BYU would not want to tick off the Armed forces bowl for taking only a marginally better bowl game when they offered us a place to play as an independent...
Y
Y 4 Ever
I wouldn't buy tickets until BYU officially accepts an invite.
J
jvquarterback
I'm holding off as well. Last year Boise got switched at the end to the LV bowl and I could see BYU getting switched as well. Although 10-2 BYU bs 10-2 SMU or Houston would be a pretty sweet matchup.
S
SpiffCoug
It's a done deal. But waiting for the official invite wouldn't be a bad idea. There's going to be plenty of seats available.
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
It's a done deal.


IF there's anything I've learned about CFB in the past decade or so its that NOTHING is a done deal. We've seen too many teams get moved around in bowl contracts in recent years. Entirely possible it could happen to BYU. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Absolutely.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
It's an extremely remote possibility. Why would BYU try to negotiate out of a bowl game they barely signed on for less than six months ago? Why would the Armed Forces Bowl want to negotiate BYU out of the bowl game?
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
It's an extremely remote possibility. Why would BYU try to negotiate out of a bowl game they barely signed on for less than six months ago? Why would the Armed Forces Bowl want to negotiate BYU out of the bowl game?


Who owns the Armed Forces bowl? If its ESPN, then I could see them moving things around to get a 10-2 and ranked BYU team a more intriguing matchup.



Again, I agree that it is unlikely but it is certainly possible.



I just wouldn't buy any tickets just yet.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.