B
BroncoBotIn 2009. We'd have won a BCS championship with wins over TCU and FSU.
And yes, I'm pulling your leg.
And yes, I'm pulling your leg.
by BroncoBot · 10/23/2011
declocoug wrote:
In 2009. We'd have won a BCS championship with wins over TCU and FSU.
And yes, I'm pulling your leg.
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Tey should have gottne RIley more meaningful back-up reps that year and maybe we would have avided QB 2 in 2010.
Lesson not learned or Lark would have gotten some reps to prepare him as a back-up if needed in 2012.
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYU missed an opportunity to get Lark reps yesterday. Jake didn't need five series.
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BYU missed an opportunity to get Lark reps yesterday. Jake didn't need five series.
I thought about this, but then I thought, wouldn't that tip BYU's hand as to who is next in line?
Right now, neither Lark or Munns is seeing any backup time. I think that they are setting things up for Jake to redshirt for next year, leaving Lark and Munns to compete for the backup position. I don't think that they want either transferring after this year, so to put one in over the other would be showing their hand, too much. Causing the other guy to contemplate life somewhere else, thinking he doesn't have a chance. Just a theory.
Cougarbib2 wrote:SpiffCoug wrote:
BYU missed an opportunity to get Lark reps yesterday. Jake didn't need five series.
I thought about this, but then I thought, wouldn't that tip BYU's hand as to who is next in line?
Right now, neither Lark or Munns is seeing any backup time. I think that they are setting things up for Jake to redshirt for next year, leaving Lark and Munns to compete for the backup position. I don't think that they want either transferring after this year, so to put one in over the other would be showing their hand, too much. Causing the other guy to contemplate life somewhere else, thinking he doesn't have a chance. Just a theory.
They should have given them both a series or two then. The problems BYU has had the past two years can be directly attributed to not getting the next QB some experience the year before he is needed. And, to worrying way too much about who might or might not transfer.
BYULV wrote:
This is a rare occasion when I agree with Bib2. I wish our coaches would develop our other quarterbacks, even if it meant giving them a series or two each game if at all possible. Coach Rose is excellent at giving his younger guys experience early and it usually pays off later in the year. We have a lot of teams on our schedule that allow us to develop players, I wish the coaches would use that time to develop our QBs.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Wickchad84087 wrote:This is a rare occasion when I agree with Bib2. I wish our coaches would develop our other quarterbacks, even if it meant giving them a series or two each game if at all possible. Coach Rose is excellent at giving his younger guys experience early and it usually pays off later in the year. We have a lot of teams on our schedule that allow us to develop players, I wish the coaches would use that time to develop our QBs.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I wish we would actually beat teams by enough points to get back ups in more often.