Archived Topic

Heaps in the 2nd half?

by frdbtr · 10/22/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I would sure like to see him start the second half. Call a QB draw for his first play :evil:
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
I would sure like to see him start the second half. Call a QB draw for his first play :evil:


One more series Nelson - then yes - Heaps for a couple of series with some called QB runs.



Then Lark - I saw him next to Nelson near the end of the game. He is huge. It would be good to get him some reps and let him run the offense.
F
frdbtr
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I would sure like to see him start the second half. Call a QB draw for his first play :evil:


One more series Nelson - then yes - Heaps for a couple of series with some called QB runs.



Then Lark - I saw him next to Nelson near the end of the game. He is huge. It would be good to get him some reps and let him run the offense.


I would like to see Heaps get the whole 3rd quarter, especially if he plays effective. Then let Lark and Munn's split the 4th.
B
Brayden Green
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I would sure like to see him start the second half. Call a QB draw for his first play :evil:


One more series Nelson - then yes - Heaps for a couple of series with some called QB runs.



Then Lark - I saw him next to Nelson near the end of the game. He is huge. It would be good to get him some reps and let him run the offense.


Lark? Lark is 6'2 and runs around 200 pounds.



Are you referring to Munns?
F
frdbtr
42-3, if Riley comes out on the next drive, I think I am going to be as irritated as the opposing coach is.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Heaps REALLY needs to throw to someone besides his primary reciever, especially if the primary is covered.
D
Ddawg
I'd like to see Jake get in there. I bet he comes in with a new focus & renewed effort.
M
mizzoucoug
Jake picked off and the D saves his butt with one of their own...some patterns are apparently eternal.
C
CAFB_04-12
Awesome game from Riley. I don't think we see Heaps again till 2013.
S
superchargedcougar
I really wanted Lark to get some time. Too bad
Advertisement
B
beauso79
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Awesome game from Riley. I don't think we see Heaps again till 2013.


If he's asked to red-shirt we may never see him again



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
BlueIsBetter wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
I would sure like to see him start the second half. Call a QB draw for his first play :evil:


One more series Nelson - then yes - Heaps for a couple of series with some called QB runs.



Then Lark - I saw him next to Nelson near the end of the game. He is huge. It would be good to get him some reps and let him run the offense.


Lark? Lark is 6'2 and runs around 200 pounds.



Are you referring to Munns?


Lark standing next to Nelson - maybe the other #3 walked on over there!



What are the comps in height and weight. Lark looked very muscular. But then you know - Bib has bad eyes
B
Brayden Green
It's literally about the same. 6'2 for Lark, and Riley is 6' - ish.



Both run about 2 bills a piece.
S
SpiffCoug
I saw a few nice things from Jake. He had a nice side step in the pocket and delivered a throw. He handled the broken play nicely for a good scramble (that was twice Quezada seemed to think the handoff was going the other way).



Unfortunately, I didn't see much from him that would really help build his confidence. Four drives, one score, three turnvoers.
B
BroncoBot
when the two are next to each other, Lark looks much bigger (muscular) than Nelson from what I've seen on ESPN HD
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Outside of the INT, which was a good play by the defender, he looked better on his throws since the first half against Utah (over 200 yards that half).



I think watching has helped him in some things. He seemed more excited than he was before.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
beauso79 wrote:
Awesome game from Riley. I don't think we see Heaps again till 2013.


If he's asked to red-shirt we may never see him again



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Why, so he can sit out a season for the transfer and back up somebody else in the FBS? Where could he go and start for a team with a greater profile than BYU? If he red shirts and competes for the starting job in 2013 he'll have two quality years at BYU.
S
SpiffCoug
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Outside of the INT, which was a good play by the defender, he looked better on his throws since the first half against Utah (over 200 yards that half).



I think watching has helped him in some things. He seemed more excited than he was before.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

True. But Jake still is only seeing one read.
C
Cougarbib
declocoug wrote:
when the two are next to each other, Lark looks much bigger (muscular) than Nelson from what I've seen on ESPN HD

This - now Blue has me wondering if KVN was over there with the O coming out of time out. I am pretty sure it was lark and it was biceps and height that caught my attention.



But it was a quick glance. For a minute I wondered if they were sneaking him in for a play as a slot back or WR.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
SpiffCoug wrote:
Outside of the INT, which was a good play by the defender, he looked better on his throws since the first half against Utah (over 200 yards that half).



I think watching has helped him in some things. He seemed more excited than he was before.


I think Jake has been over coached, and it is showing. He goes to the line, makes one read, drops back, then gets rid of the ball quickly. Yes, he avoids sacks and has a quick release, but he also does not give plays time to develop. Jake needs to be re-taught to be more patient in the pocket. I do not think it is a toughness issue at all. He stood in there fine Saturday and took some hits. I think his internal clock needs to be adjusted and slow down, except on hot read plays. Because getting the ball out too quickly is his issue, and he needs to re-learn his progressions. Basically, he needs to learn to not rely on his first read, and let a play develop, look off receivers, and then carve up a D. Riley is much improved at that skill from last year, so I know Jake can get there too.



With the way Riley plays, not sure Jake will redshirt because Riley is bound to get hurt if he keeps it up. He is too tough at times, and needs to slide ocassionally.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.