Archived Topic

Better late than never... BYUTV stream for XBMC (appletv2)

by nogbody · 10/22/2011

Advertisement
N
nogbody
So... I finally figured out this junk just in time for the game today... Now I know you can watch it on the byutv.org, but if you have xbmc on a jailbroken appletv, then this is for you. This way I can watch BYU beat down ISU in big-screen glory. (Now I know if you have an iphone or ipad you can airplay it... but this way I can use my iphone during the game, I find this whole sharing thing a bit weird anyway, why can't the appletv just do it on its own?)







just paste this code into a text file and save as BYUtv.strm (one big line of code is fine... and xbmc will open the live stream of BYUTV once you open this file within XBMC. I'm close to finding the HD stream, but this will have to do for now... Now that I have this magic piece I'll code a full fledge plugin for xbmc so all the on-demand stuff is available as well...







rtmp://63.235.21.63/live?_fcs_vhost=cp104234.live.edgefcs.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; playpath=9yNmhmMjqFo9h1GSeHr0uE2Wgccet-C6_640_360_840@55247 app=live?_fcs_vhost=cp104234.live.edgefcs.net swfurl=http://player.ooyala.com/static/cacheable/856e74d0ecbe881c35549b8881d3df8c/player_v2.swf tcurl=rtmp://63.235.21.63/live?_fcs_vhost=cp104234.live.edgefcs.net swfvfy=true live=1 playlist=1 subscribe=9yNmhmMjqFo9h1GSeHr0uE2Wgccet-C6_640_360_840@55247
J
jbenmore
hi,



I hope you can help. I am desperate to be able to stream general conference via my jailbroken apple tv using xbmc. I am looking for a plugin that will enable me to do this. If not then at least a script or something. But I would need it explained in simple terms as I am no expert!



Is this possible? I am not a fan of jb but it is the only way to access some legal content by avoiding Apple's restrictions. If you know of aother way I can get the conference streams onto my ATV2 then please let me know. I have a windows laptop and no iOS devices which I know makes this harder!



Many thanks



James
N
nogbody
sure just copy the above code I put into a text file called byutv.strm or something simliar... Key is .strm at the end. Then save that somewhere on your laptop. Hopefully somewhere wher your xbmc can see ( a saved samba share) I have one setup on my computer where I store all my media and play it on my appletv. Then navigate to that folder on your appletv/xbmc and click on the .strm file.. Voila. That should play live byutv stream. Soon I'll have a full fledged app but I'm still working through it for now.
J
jbenmore
ok, have saved the code to my desktop in text editor (is that right?). Do I need the highlighted bit too?



How do I navigate to a folder on my appletv/xbmc? Do I need cyberduck? Do I do it through xbmc actually on my Apple TV with the Apple remote?



Thanks for your help and I look forward to your app!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.