Archived Topic

Riley Nelson future

by AggieWeekendCougar · 10/21/2011

Advertisement
A
AggieWeekendCougar
I don't think anyone has delusions of Riley Nelson being an NFL QB, but does anyone think he has NFL potential? I swear that every time I see him running in the open field that I am watching Wes Welker. They look very, very similar when running with the ball. I think Nelson is a very gifted athlete and a lot of heart, but have no idea whether he has the skills and talent necessary to even get picked up on a free agent contract at *some* position.
W
Wickchad
Its been a while since I saw him play and he obviously had better athletes around him, but I wonder how Eric Crouch compares to Riley Nelson?
D
Dcr36
I've heard from a lot of people that Riley wants to be a doctor.
C
Cougarpoke
I think Riley wants to be a doctor...at least that is what I heard. I imagine he plays out the next couple of years, then off to med school when the NFL doesn't come calling. I also think Riley will eventually get hurt, he plays hard, runs hard, but gets hit hard. I imagine that during the next couple of years we will see Heaps play again, and I think he will play well (if he sticks around).
A
ABYUFAN
Cougarpoke wrote:
I think Riley wants to be a doctor...at least that is what I heard. I imagine he plays out the next couple of years, then off to med school when the NFL doesn't come calling. I also think Riley will eventually get hurt, he plays hard, runs hard, but gets hit hard. I imagine that during the next couple of years we will see Heaps play again, and I think he will play well (if he sticks around).

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'd love to see Riley get into coaching. He strikes me as a good football mind who really enjoys the game and competition.
M
Mingjai
ABYUFAN wrote:
I think Riley wants to be a doctor...at least that is what I heard. I imagine he plays out the next couple of years, then off to med school when the NFL doesn't come calling. I also think Riley will eventually get hurt, he plays hard, runs hard, but gets hit hard. I imagine that during the next couple of years we will see Heaps play again, and I think he will play well (if he sticks around).

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


So he's just using us to get into a better med school...
D
Dcr36
ABYUFAN wrote:

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


I wonder who gave Riley that advice. I can't imagine that the groups "former BYU QBs" and "practicing doctors" have a lot of overlap.
G
Gunk
Mingjai wrote:
Cougarpoke wrote:
I think Riley wants to be a doctor...at least that is what I heard. I imagine he plays out the next couple of years, then off to med school when the NFL doesn't come calling. I also think Riley will eventually get hurt, he plays hard, runs hard, but gets hit hard. I imagine that during the next couple of years we will see Heaps play again, and I think he will play well (if he sticks around).

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


So he's just using us to get into a better med school...


Not like he has the time to volunteer at a hospital or become a nursing assistant like most other med school bound students "use" to pad their resumes to get into a better med school.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Dcr36 wrote:

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


I wonder who gave Riley that advice. I can't imagine that the groups "former BYU QBs" and "practicing doctors" have a lot of overlap.


Just shows he can handle a heavy work load, plus gives him a bit of an "awe" factor.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
Gunk wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


I wonder who gave Riley that advice. I can't imagine that the groups "former BYU QBs" and "practicing doctors" have a lot of overlap.


Just shows he can handle a heavy work load, plus gives him a bit of an "awe" factor.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Plus, you know he's gonna put "picked apart defenses with surgical precision" on his med school apps.
C
CougarClaw
I also read on rumorboard that one major limitation for our next year will be if Riley gets accepted to a Med school during his final BYU season. That poster felt that Riley would leave for Med School over finishing his senior season since earning money has to take priority here and being a doctor is what he really wants to do.



Unless heaps figures it out, 2012 could be an interesting QB year.
C
Cougarbib
Riley Nelson, if healthy, is not going to skip his senior football season for Medical school. If Medical school is there for him in 2012 it will be there for him in 2013. You only get 1 shot at starting BYU QB Senior Season.
J
jonnylingo
AggieWeekendCougar wrote:
I don't think anyone has delusions of Riley Nelson being an NFL QB.


Here at Cougar Corner I wouldn't be so sure.
J
jonnylingo
CougarClaw wrote:
I also read on rumorboard that one major limitation for our next year will be if Riley gets accepted to a Med school during his final BYU season. That poster felt that Riley would leave for Med School over finishing his senior season since earning money has to take priority here and being a doctor is what he really wants to do.



Unless heaps figures it out, 2012 could be an interesting QB year.


that is the dumbest thing i have ever hear, no offense. like rilye would leave to go to med school and miss his senior year as qb at byu. he would just put it off a year.
Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
Almost every med school will allow you to defer a year after being accepted so he can play his senior year.



I wonder what eligibility would allow if he enrolled at a med school like Ohio state that allows independent study the first year of med school. He could in theory play for BYU and be in med

School at ohio state independently if they'd let him. I doubt the NCAA would allow that but they do funny things for athletes getting graduate degrees.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
jonnylingo wrote:
I also read on rumorboard that one major limitation for our next year will be if Riley gets accepted to a Med school during his final BYU season. That poster felt that Riley would leave for Med School over finishing his senior season since earning money has to take priority here and being a doctor is what he really wants to do.



Unless heaps figures it out, 2012 could be an interesting QB year.


that is the dumbest thing i have ever hear, no offense. like rilye would leave to go to med school and miss his senior year as qb at byu. he would just put it off a year.


I'm honored that I have managed to utter the single most idiotic thing you've ever heard. You must hang around some pretty enlightened people in your time.



seriously though, is it possible to use the phrase "no offense" and NOT be offensive?
J
jonnylingo
CougarClaw wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
I also read on rumorboard that one major limitation for our next year will be if Riley gets accepted to a Med school during his final BYU season. That poster felt that Riley would leave for Med School over finishing his senior season since earning money has to take priority here and being a doctor is what he really wants to do.



Unless heaps figures it out, 2012 could be an interesting QB year.


that is the dumbest thing i have ever hear, no offense. like rilye would leave to go to med school and miss his senior year as qb at byu. he would just put it off a year.


I'm honored that I have managed to utter the single most idiotic thing you've ever heard. You must hang around some pretty enlightened people in your time.



seriously though, is it possible to use the phrase "no offense" and NOT be offensive?


Let me be more clear, no offense to the person you were quoting on rumorboard, not you.
C
Cougarbib
jonnylingo wrote:
I don't think anyone has delusions of Riley Nelson being an NFL QB.


Here at Cougar Corner I wouldn't be so sure.




I don't expect to see Riley Nelson or Brandon Doman play in the NFL. Wait - sometimes the unexpected happens. Way too early to say what Rley's potential is. But, no, I don't expect to see it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Dcr36 wrote:

Someone who was on a Mission with him says tht same ting. In Spain, he indicated that having "BYU QB" on his Med School application gets one into a better medical school, and that is the ultimate destination


I wonder who gave Riley that advice. I can't imagine that the groups "former BYU QBs" and "practicing doctors" have a lot of overlap.

Probably his dad



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.